Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward to Virtual Number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob83

Technical User
May 6, 2011
US
Hello,
Is it possible to forward a physical station to a virtual one? I tried all my best to do that but I couldn't.
"List Trace Station" shows that the call doesn't even hit the virtual number at all, either it goes to the physical station's coverage-path or it just gives overflow tone. The basic call forward to any other station type works fine.
I'm wondering if there is special parameter or configuration has to be enabled in order to do so.
Anyone has tested it before?

Cheers,
Jacob

Can you please elaborate what do you mean by a virtual number? do you mean remote number? ex: cellphone

Thanks,

Hi 3allam,
I ment virual station type like below:

display station 7371
STATION

Extension: 2222 BCC: 0
Type: virtual Security Code: TN: 1
Coverage Path 1: 1 COR: 1
Name: JATest Coverage Path 2: COS: 1
Map-to Station:

Time of Day Lock Table:
Personalized Ringing Pattern: 1

Survivable COR: internal
Survivable Trunk Dest? y

I can not forward any call to this kind of station!

That's exactly what should happen. What did you expect it to do?

The call-forwards to the VE and immediately goes to cover since a VE does not appear on a physical phone therefore is always considered busy. A forwarded call to a busy number will then follow the principle's coverage path.

-CL

Hi Lopes1211,
If I called the VE from any station, the VE would send the call to the coverage path 1 of VE and so on. But if my station is manually forwarded to VE and someone try to call my station, the call goes to my station's coverage path not for the one belongs to VE. So the treatment I get as the call didn't get forwareded to VE at all.
I hope you got what I mean
Thanks

Coverage/forwarding does not "daisy chain". Forwarding to a station which does not answer (every call in the case of a VE station), the call follows the principle stations coverage path. Not the path of the "forwarded to" number. This is like this no matter what the station type (Virtual or not).

-CL

You have a poin here, what if we want to make it a daisy chain, is that possible?

Thanks

to do a chained forwarding type "change system-parameters features" and on page 16 you will find at the bottom "chained call forwarding" change to y

I was looking for more info about virtual station and I found this link, maybe it will help you.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, enabling the "Chained Call Forwarding" didn't solve the problem, I believe something has to be done related to virtual station because simulating the same experiment to contain only physical stations worked successfully.
Thanks

If its an option you could add the virtual stations cover path in the second cover field on your station and then toggle between the two coverage options , via a feature code on a button you could even call it call forward if so desired.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Isn't it because you need no station license for a virtual station that you cannot forward a call to it ?

Sekitori

montyzummer, this is a valid work around. but I was wondering if forward to VE is possible in Avaya CM. I've been working before with Nortel CS1k and such feature was doable. I guess it is not with Avaya CM :-/ or maybe it needs special configuration that I'm not aware of.

Thanks

OP, can you provide your use case? I have some thoughts but I want to make sure they are valid. What is the problem you're trying to solve with this solution?

Simply, the scenario that I'm dealing with is that some people used to dial a VE that routes calls to special coverage path. One person requested to forward his station to that VE and here the problem is exposed. Anyway the work around suggested by "montyzummer" could resolve the issue and I would welcome any other suggestion if you have just for more education.
Cheers

Idea: use a VDN instead of a virtual station.

Presume your voicemail hunt is 99.
VDN 2222 has a vector.
The vector says:
messaging split 99 for extension 2222

That way people can forward to VDN 2222 rather than virtual station extension 2222.

Virtual stations are relatively new and I don't know the nuts and bolts of their operation. But, I don't think chained forwarding will help you - call forwarding and coverage are 2 different things. Heck, its only been recently that you could have a coverage path cover to a station that had another coverage path and have that work. "Double coverage" would always fail in older releases and is only now something you can actually do.

In your position, I would keep virtual stations to only very basic use cases and not expect to be able to blend in all the other features you're used to using with a normal station. Unless you're doing this on a large scale, why not just give that case its own real 6400 station that's X ported? It'll take a licence, but may actually route calls the way you want better than a virtual station.

so kyle has hit the nail on the head .. if you want a global solution for this create a VDN.. Vector as kyle suggests from there you can route to your virtual Station or anything else that takes your fancy ... then publish the VDN number to all your users.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Well, you guys are right but as I old before, the curiosity to know more about Virtual Station led me to post this thread, besides not much information mentioned about it in Avaya Doc.
Thank you guys, it was really helpful talking to you.

Cheers,
Jacob

I know that you can forward calls from virtual numbers to virtual call station. So I guess you can forward also calls from phycical station to virtual too. The service that can provide you such forwarding and virtual number if you need you can find here: freezvon.com
I hope it will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back