Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward to Third extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbil

Technical User
Jan 26, 2007
US
I have a scenario.
3 extensions A, B and C. A forwards the phone to B, B forwards the phone to C. This is weird scenario and customer wants it to work and it is not. What is happening is Calls to A get forwarded to B but never Make it to C. Is there a setting that will allow that second hop from B to C?

Avana Definity R015x.02.1.016.4

Are you talking about forwarding the phone, or coverage path?

A forward would not ring the phone B. I am confused as to the reason for this. What is the goal here, what are you trying to make happen?
Coverage Path, the call to A, would the ring B, and then ring C.

Phone A call forwards their phone to B when they are sitting at B. Since phone A is at the other end of the Building if they move from B to phone C instead of going to A and unforwarding the phone they would like to Forward B to C. I dont understand the login either, My suggestion was to go back no matter how far and call forward A to C

You could also just put all 3 extension in a coverage answer group so all 3 would ring at the same time. If you use IP phones, just have them log out there extension at point 1, then login B, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back