Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward to external destination on SIP trunk fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinos

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
BW
Hi all.
I have a SIP trunk which when users activate call forwarding to external destinations, callers get a “sorry your number cannot be routed at the moment,” message from the provider.
The provider claims that Mitel is missing diversion header in the invite for those calls. Where do you advise I should make changes?
Thank you.

Please share SIP peer Calling Line ID , SDP Options and Signalling and Header Manipulation settings.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Provided if the carrier allows A party pass through - Try enabling the following

Calling line ID tab
"Use Original Calling Party Number If Available = YES"
"Public Calling Party Number Passthrough = YES"

Signal and Header Manipulation tab
Use P-Call-Leg-ID Header = YES
Use To Address in From Header on Outgoing Calls = YES

Hi,

There are a few settings this could be. I probably wouldn't say it would be public party number passthrough. This is to send originating number and is reliant on the SIP provider allowing CLI flexibility, if they don't then it would be another error you would be adding to the mix. Who is the SIP provider? First of all check against the SIP interop guide if there is one.

The SIP provider just wants the diversion header to show. So which setting allows that?

@ChrisMitel - hence the reason why I said "provided if the carrier allows A party passthrough"

@Tino
Mitel lacks a few abilities to manipulate SIP headers & on the SIP peer settings, but an MBG LUA script can be used to achieve such functions that the MiVB lacks.
Have you tried enabling these:

Signal and Header Manipulation tab
Use P-Call-Leg-ID Header = YES
Use To Address in From Header on Outgoing Calls = YES

Hi, I am dealing with the same problem.
Already find a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back