Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call forward problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkelly1676

Technical User
Feb 24, 2006
US
I am trying to figure out a very simple problem. we forward our main line to an answering service at night and on weekends, now for some reason whenever we press the callforward key and enter the 888# we get a fast busy and "release and try again" I have CFXA set and "key 14 12 1888xxxxxxx" this system does not require a 9 for outside calls. any help would be appreciated.

My first thought is that the key should be programmed as key "14 CFW 12 1888xxxxxxx".

sorry, it is that way, key 14 cfw 12 1888xxxxxx

You're implying that this did work before, is that correct? From the same station? Were any changes made to toll restrictions, NCOS, etc. on that phone since the problem started? Any trunk to trunk restrictions added?

I'm not sure how you are making outside calls without dialing '9' or another code?

And pardon my tendancy to detail oriented (ok call it picky, or worse), but you stated in your original post "we press the callforward key and enter the 888#". If the key is programmed as you say there is no need to reenter the toll free number after pressing the call forward key.

If your using a FORWARD KEY, you only need to program it once and the next time you just hit it twice. 1st one shows the number thats programmed and the 2nd activates the programmed number and forwards the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back