Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward no answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleusa

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
US
I need to have a dn forwarded to a second line when there is no answer. Furthermore, if no one answer from the second DN I need it to go to the voice mail of the first DN. The problem I am having is the second line is not set up for voicemail nor can it be. Here is an example:

If someone calls to ext 3000 and no one answers after 4 rings it should be forwarded to ext 3100. If no one answer at ext 3100 after four more rings it will go to the voicemail of extension 3000.
Ext 3100 is a line that my boss does not want to go to voicemail. All calls made to 3100 should ring until someone answers or the caller hangs up. But I need calls that are forwarded on no answer from 3000 to go to voicemail if 3100 does not pick up.

Does any one know how I can set this up?

Thanks

look at the CLS in the second phone. Add SFA( Second level CFNA Allowed) you will also need to add FNA and MWD.

I set the second phone (x3100) to CLS SFA, FNA, and MWD, but the phone just keeps ringing after getting forwarded from 3000 to 3100. I beleive this is because 3100 does not have voicemail and FDN is set to 0.

If I set FDN to 3024 (mailbox) the call goes to voicemail, the only problem is that calls placed directly to x3100 also attempt to go to voicemail which is not desired (we want 3100 it to ring continuosly if calls are made directly to 3100).

Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to get 3000 to go to 3100 and then voicemail if 3100 is not set up for voicemail?

have you set HUNT on dn 3000 to go to mail
HUNT xxxx (mail DN)

Colin

The HUNT on 3000 is set to go the mail DN, but it still does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back