Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward No Answer won't go to Mermail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHutt

MIS
Jan 24, 2002
CA
Hi:
Here's the situation: I have a 500 set (x2811) with HUNT and FTR FDN both going to DN 2810 (which is a 2616). When either an internal or DID call goes to 2811 and there is no answer, the call forwards to x2810. That much works OK. Problem is: I want the call to then go to voicemail on x2810 if nobody answers it, but the call never forwards to mermail. When I call x2810 directly vmail works fine. When the call bounces to x2810 as a call forward no answer (FTR FDN 2810 on ext2811), it just rings and rings...
I have a group coming in soon who needs this programming on several phones. Help!

You need to turn on Second Level Call Forwarding on x2810. This is done with class of service SFA and CFA. CFA allows for normal call forwarding and SFA forwards calls that have already been redirected once. Hope that works for you.

Ken

Thanks, Ken. CLS was set to SFD and changing to SFA worked like a charm. Thanks for the quick response!

MHutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back