Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward NA Multi ext to same VM ?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2003
US
I have a station that has 3 extensions assigned, say 1323, 1523 (virtual) and 1623 (another virtual). 1623 has a DID assigned and I want it to go to Voicemail (3000) when there is no answer, but I want it to go to the voicemail box for 1323...

Any help will be appreciated..

Bristol

CTO
MSCE, CCNA, Novell, Symantec SS
Bristol took the red pill - Don't let what you can't do stand in the way of what you can

Oh yea, Using NEAX2000IPS

CTO
MSCE, CCNA, Novell, Symantec SS
Bristol took the red pill - Don't let what you can't do stand in the way of what you can

NEAXMAIL

CTO
MSCE, CCNA, Novell, Symantec SS, Helicopter Pilot
Don't let what you can't do stand in the way of what you can

Did you qualify as a helicopter pilot between posts?

I believe that the system always outputs the extension number of the original destination of the call to the VM. So unless someone knows of a way round that, I don't see how this can be done from the system. It may however be possible in the VM.

The reason I asked about the Voicemail is because there are several work arounds: transaction boxes for the virtual numbers (AD-8, IM-16, AD-40, AD-64) which can either point to the primeline or to a group box, in the AD-120 you can point a call processor to another users greeting, so you could set up voicemail boxes for the virtual numbers, and point them to the primeline box.

You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us.

OzzieGeorge,

Yes on the helicopter stuff ( I am actually about half way finished with my private helo license, tons of fun.

jhenke,

I'm going to look into that, I'll post the results of what I find out.
Thanks..:)
Bristol

CTO

You may try extension remap in the voice mail.

Mextera

Hi,
We have run into this senario many times.
On the mail
1) Setup a Voicemail box for each extension
2) Setup a new group, and make the owner of the group 1 of the virtual mailboxes, you will need to do this for each virtual extension.
3) Make the ext. to which you wish the message to appear in a member of each group.
4) set the Group to Dispatch.

Everytime a message is left in 1 of the virtual mailboxes it will light the lamp of the main ext and deposit a copy of the massage in that mailbox. When the message is listened to it will remove the message from the virtuals mailbox.

Good Luck,
Chris A

Bristolxyz

When the wings travel faster than the plane it aint safe. Fixed wing myself. Ever get onto PPRuNe?

:) :) :D

I'll leave the V/M stuff to these guys they seem to know more than me there. We don't get the same systems down here. Our larger voicemails tend to be Chorus (Zeacom) the AD8 is probably the only one I play with that gets mentioned here.

Not that I know of but it would be useful. I hate the things. Did the course then in the last hour he decided to tell us about the log files. We should have spent a few days on those alone. At the moment we are having nightmares with version 4 or so I'm told (I tend to stay as far away as possible from them).

I'm seeing more and more IPFX equipment these days too. I don't know if you have the gear over there one is Vision console, it is an integrated voicemail with it's own version of the IAC. the voicemail also integrates with outlook so voicmails can be delivered as Email. But boy does it have some quirky aspects to it!

OzzieGeorge,

I just went and checked out PPRuNe. Pretty good forum. I've been posting at Vertical Reference forum for awhile.

ipfreelyallthetime,

Thanks for the help (everyone)

Bristolxyz

CTO

Bristolxyz

Check out Jet Blast on PPRuNe I personally post as R4+Z. I think there may be another poster using ipfreelyallthetime.

I won't be around either this or that site for a while as a bereavement means an unexpected return to the UK. Sorry if I let down anyone looking for answers.

The normal service will be resumed as soon as technically possible!

:) :) :D

ipfreelyallthetime,

I think I've done all that, now... does each virtual extensions voicemail box have to have an outgoing message, or can I have the main one play for all extensions?

The original issue was extension 1613 and extension 1323 are both in use by the same person. There is a DID assigned to 1613, the user wants to be able to check messages by dialing the DID (ext 1613)... I think I'm a bit confused.. lol

Bristol.

CTO

Build 1623 as a Transaction box that is owned by 1323. When you add the Transaction Box, you'll be asked if Sandy Simmons (or Amy Ronk, depending on your VM type) should be the owner. Select NO, then a box will pop up asking for the new owners name...type in the name of 1323. Once the T-Box pops up, make sure that the Action After is "Take Message"

Transaction boxes with Take Message in the Action After Greeting automatically dump the messages in the owners mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back