Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward from a Phantom Phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRomao1

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
Hi i need a little assistance with an issue i am having i have a user that had a phone and V-mail, but that user has moved but still working for the company and i need to send all incoming calls from her phone/Ext to her cell phone. The thing is that she has no physical phone on her desk. i have tried all call Fwd features and if i dial her extension it forwards but if someone dials her DID it goes to the main number/general Mailbox. I currently have 3COM NBX V3000 Version R6_5_22.

Thanks

can you forward the call to another internal phone. You may need to enable trunk to trunk in the COS.

Used to be you couldn't forward phantom (no physical phone) extensions. I thought they had fixed that in R6, though. What we used to do, and you can still do in this case, is add a phone with a made up MAC address. The user would be assigned to that phone, the system thinks it is real and you can forward where you want. Hope that helps.

[yinyang] What goes around - comes around. [wink]
The Old Man

Thanks OldMan346 that di the trick!!!!

You're welcome. Glad to help.

[yinyang] What goes around - comes around. [wink]
The Old Man

I know this posting is a little old but you could also make her extension a hunt group and route the calls from it to her cell. It saves space on the system your running short on licenses.

You could also have rerouted those calls in the Dial Plan if this is a "TRUE T1 DID".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back