Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward Fax Calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxnewman

MIS
Jul 13, 2005
CA
Is it possible to set up a DID so that voice calls go through but when a fax calls comes in it gets forwarded to another external fax line?

if you use call pilot with fax service turned on.. not without.. they make a 2 party box that sends voice calls out of port a and fax out of port b

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I don't have call pilot. I have a M1 Option 11c with release 25.40. Is it possible with this system?

It is not possible from within the PBX itself. You will need to put an external device on your analog line called a FaxSwitch with Auto detect. The FaxSwitch answers the call on the first ring, and listens for a tone ("CNG") that identifies an incoming fax.

You should be able to pick one up at Bestbuy or maybe even radio shack. Just search Google for one.

It has modular RJ-11 recepticles on it, so if your phone isn't close to the fax, you will need to make some wiring modification in your switchroom. Its easy!

Thanks Jamie2, I'll look into this. I guess this set up won't work for our PRIs. Our receptionist is receiving tons of fax calls due to old DIDs we may have removed in the past.

If you know the DID's of the old fax's then put them into your IDC table and direct them to an intercept message.

This device will not work on your PRI as you indicated, it only works on a analog line.

you can use it on a inbound pri/did as long as that did is built on an analog set.. i make all my vacant dids go to intercept, otherwise the att's would tar and feather me..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back