Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward External Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit454

Technical User
Feb 1, 2006
US
I did a search and read many articles but am now more confused. I have a admin assistant that has a 2616 and wants to be able to forward to her cell phone when away from desk by hitting forward key on phone. I had her at CFXA but don't want to use that route because of toll fraud unless neccesary. I don't want to use a regular dn, is there a way to use the ACD with a dummy dn. I tried and it will work put the phone itself will not let me forward to the dummy dn, gets a fast busy when I start to punch in the number. Maybe I am going at it wrong, thanks ahead of time for the help!!!

How about if you create a phantom extension with the default call forward to the cell phone. Your assistant will forward her phone to the phantom. Will that work??

That would work, I guesss I am not 100% sure how to set up phantom dn.

When you build the ACD, the only changes you need to make are to MAXP =1 and NCFW = access+cell # all other entries just enter through
The number you chose for the ACD, is this a DN that can normally be dialed from the phone? You can test this by deleting the ACD and entering the number on one of the keys of the 2616 as an SCR key and see if you can call it. If this does not ring you may have to pick a number from a different range.
Hope this helps.

I got the ACD built fine, the number I put in could not normally be dialed from my phone, I was trying to avoid using any of my available dn and maybe use a phantom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back