Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward external blocking without blocking it over DPNSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomingoDolores

Programmer
Mar 3, 2009
AL
Is there a way to block specifical external call forwarding numbers
The 'call forwarding external' option in the COS will block all numbers.

follow me on twitter:

Would you still need to call the numbers that you want to block forwarding to?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

If you only want to allow phones to forward to specifical numbers then I'd block external cfwd via COR and then have the users forward to speed dial numbers that over ride toll security.

If you want to block only a handful of numbers but allow anything else, then you'd have to do it via
COR on the trunks.

Dry Aquaman

This system is connected over DPNSS to a realitis system.
User should be able to call forward to a realitis directory number but not to any external number.

The Speed dial solution would work on a small system.
This system has 9000+ users...... hell of a job to keep the speed dial list up to date....

follow me on twitter:

You'll probably have to rework your COR to do this.
Set up a special ARS route to to the realitis system.
The new ARS route would use a COR that is basically unrestricted.
Next, change the COR of your incoming trunks to be restricted from dialing out.
Now your users should be able to forward to the new ARS rout the the realitis system but if they forward anywhere else the caller will get a intercept busy.

Dry Aquaman.

you could put the exact number in ARS and send it to a barred route
That way anyone trying to call or forward to that number will not connect

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

I think you have your answer. There is no easy way to do it. Forwarding uses the same ARS as regular calling so if you can call it, you can forward to it.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Program the trunks COR to not allow external calls.

Extensions calling out directly will not be blocked... they will follow the extension's COR

Calls forwarded externally follow the trunk COR

create a dummy route that is COR barred to all (1-64)
put the numbers (complete number) that you want barred in ARS 9 (or whatever your external access number is) point these numbers at the dummy route.
Then if anyone tries to forward their phone to that number it will fail as the route is barred.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

I don't see this working directly, I also know about this issue.
The problem is that all users on the Mitel must be able to dial external numbers, but not to call forward external to those same numbers. However, if we disable call-forward-external in the users COS, then they also won't be able to call forward to extensions connected to the realitis. The mitel only has a dpnss-link to the realitis, no external lines.

Then the only way to do it is as suggested previously, speed dials.

Both DryAquaman and Lowradiation are correct in their suggestions.

If you have routes to the realtis that are not COR restricted then all types of calling/forwading to that device will succeed.

The routes to the normal dialing need to be restricted in such a way that the Trunks COR cannot dial that route.

If set up as above:

Extension calls to realtis - not restricted
Extension forward to realtis (follows trunk COR) - not restricted
Extension calls to PSTN (Telco) - normal restrictions (if any)
Extension forward to PSTN (Follows trunk cor) - RESTRICTED.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back