Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward external advice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4rkG

Programmer
Feb 27, 2007
CA
I have been requested to redesign our call forward external setup. Currently, cdb for att and ftr for our main site is cfo, all sets cfxa. We program a user's cell phone number into a phantom TN at a secure remote site with CFXA and CDB set to CFF - this scenario works great, and it avoids toll fraud. We would like to move the call forwarding feature to our main site switch - which I can do, but I have a couple of questions on how to avoid toll fraud, and one setup question. Here we go:
1st - we plan to set cfw to 4 digits on the user's set, and dcfw a phantom TN. Do both TN's get CLS CFXA? If CDB reads from the forwarding set when set to CFF, I would assume the user's desk phone is the one that gets CFXA, and the phantom TN requires CFXA in order to DCFW to a external number - or is it possible to leave the deskset at CFXD, and CFF reads from the phantom's CLS?
2nd - if the CFF is picking up the CLS from the user's desk set, how do you stop someone from forwarding to 9?
3rd - again, if CFF is picking up the CLS from the user's desk set, is disabling forward to an LD number as simple as restricting the CFW to 4 digits or is there a "hackers" way around the digit limitation set by CFW?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Do both TN's get CLS CFXA?

no just the phantom.. the physical just needs fna and fdn xxxx..

how do you stop someone from forwarding to 9?

the user is cfxd, he forwards to the phantom.. forward to 9 returns an atb

"hackers" way around the digit limitation set by CFW?

that us the sane question.. cff but cfxd the physical.. fdn xxxx then build the phantom, hard forward that to the cell using rcfw.. he can then forward to his cell but not to 9.

i have never seen a way around fdn 4, the 5th digit returns reorder

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you John, it makes things a heck of a lot easier when you can leave the physical at CFXD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back