Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward (CFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

monslop

Programmer
Oct 29, 2003
NO
Is it possible to activate/turn off CFW on a specific TN on the pabx? Normally this is done by pressing a key on the phone, but sometimes people forget to do this and ask me if I can do it for them.

Here is a printout of one of the TNs:

TN 017 0 00 10
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 2
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
SFLT NO
CAC_MFC 0
CLS TLD FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FND HTD ADD HFA
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LNA CNDD
CFTA SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXA ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
ABDD DELD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD
UDI RCC HBTD AHD IPND DDGA NAMA MIND PRSD NRWD NRCD NROD
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
EFD
HUNT
EHT
PLEV 02
AST 00 01
IAPG 1
AACS YES
ACQ AS: AST-DN
ASID 17
SFNB 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
SFRB
USFB 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
CALB 0 1 3 5 8 9 10 11
FCTB
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 5001 0 MARP
01 SCR 5301 0 MARP
02 TRN
03 RGA
04 RNP
05 MSB
06 CFW 16 099009900

LD 80:
TN 017 0 00 10
KEY 0 SCR MARP IDLE
KEY 1 SCR MARP IDLE
KEY 2 TRN IDLE
KEY 3 RGA IDLE
KEY 4 RNP IDLE
KEY 5 MSB IDLE
KEY 6 CFW IDLE or ACTIVATED
KEY 7 NUL IDLE

Thanks,
Oyvind

You need to check the PBX to see if the following Software Packages are in the system for internal Remote Call Forward.

1, 139, 81

If you wanted to dial in to the system and activate RCF then in addition to the packages listed above you will need to have:

22 Which is the one that most PBX's don't have unless you specifically requested it.

To print the packages go to LD 22, REQ PRT, TYPE PKG

If you have those packages then I will send you the instructions, if you have an NTP in the Software Features Book look under Remote Call Forward

When I print the packgages, I see in the list:
OPTF 1
FFC 139
CCOS 81
DISA 22

Do I have what I need? Or do I have to check elsewhere?

Oyvind

You can use the DISA function.
Make a DISA number with securitycode and no access for external calls.
Dial the DISA number and make a remote callforward.
Here in our switches it is *22* this should be followed by the SCPW code of the extension, and then the extension number. A confirmation tone should be heard.
After that enter the destination you want to forward the number to and press #

*22* scpw-code,extension (confirmation tone) destination # (confirmation tone.

To deactivate call forward on a set press
#22* scpw-code, extension (confirmation tone)

NOTE that the use of this function can be diffrent depending on what codes are inserted in the FFC block, LD 57 to activate or deactivate call forward.

Sennback, I have a slight variation on this question, and know VERY little about the Option 61.

I checked the installed packages on my system and have 1, 139 and 81, but not 22. I have quite a few DID numbers on my PRI that do not have phones assigned, I would like to external call forward these DIDs to an external number in a different area code, but don't want to have to punch down a phone, can you help me with the steps I would need to take to do this.

Thanks.

this may not be the best answer but I'd like to help you as much as i can. If you take the unused DID and build it as an ACD DN in LD 23 and set the MWC to NO and the MAXP to 1 and the NCFW to the outside # it may work (but i think you also have to check your outbound trunk restrictions. you can carriage return through all the other prompts in LD 23). Or i think you can also use coordinated dialing plan (CDP in LDs 87 and/or 88) and have the system delete the DID digits and insert the ext # (in this scenario you have to check FRL restrictions). This may be a bit complicated for a novice. Just wanted to

sent it too soon! just wanted to help you since you are new. hopefully someone else will read my reply and add to it so it's clearer.

monslop, take care if you make any programming changes to that TN. From the printout, it is acquired as an AST by some third-party application; changes may take it out of synch and cause that application to stop working for that phone.

In the past I have used the remote call forward option. Does mean you need an SCPW on each handset but it is an easier option. Assuming you will be on the network and not trying to dial in..

If your near the switch room you can always punch a 2616 down onto the tn and forward it that way.

I only have options 11's
But on those we just create Phamtom Dn's and set dcfw, you can also use the remote call forward on them as well

example using both

TN 061 0 00 00 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 2424 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 1
LDN NO