Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call-forward Calls from Hunt to external destination 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skubot

Technical User
Apr 11, 2008
DE
Hi,
I´m searching for hours with no results:

We have a normal hunt group with a lot of stations. Working fine.
Some of the members are now in homeoffice and forward their station to their company cell phones.
Direct Calls goes through the forward, but never calls from hunt group?!?

Even had this issue: There are only 3 forwarded stations in the hunt (the others are in status aux) --> all calls go to queue, not to forwarding users.

Seems that hunt group can´t forward to external destinations? But why?
Tried with station forwarding and coverage remote. Always the same result: forwarding and hunt itselves are okay, but not together.
Checked all COS, COR and sys cov. All okay.

This is a strange problem for us and I have no idea.
Thanx a lot for your help,
Skubot.

Are these calls coming in through a VDN and then to a vector or are these straight hunt group calls? What is the state of the agents when they call forward their calls to their cell?

From the sounds of it, the switch is seeing these sets as not being available to take calls (like aux-work). Thats why it sent them to the queue.

I have been looking through this for you, but i haven't seen anything that would not let you forward calls, even those members that are logged in to an ACD group.

Avaya™ Communication Manager
Contact Center
Guide to ACD Contact Centers
Release 1.3
555-233-516
Issue 1.0
May 2003

Also look at the version of software you are running and look at the PCN's. May be a bug in the version you are running. If you will post it, I will also look for you.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Feature Description and
Implementation for
Avaya Communication Manager
555-245-205
Issue 4
February 2006

Hunt group extension unavailability
An extension in a hunt group is unavailable to receive calls if the hunt group member is already
handling another call. The extension is unavailable even if the call is not a hunt group call, and
even if the telephone is a multi-appearance telephone.
An extension also becomes unavailable if the member presses one of the following buttons:
? Hunt Group Busy, or if the member enters the feature access code (FAC) for Hunt Group
Busy Activate.
? Send All Calls
? Call Forwarding All Calls

Using Send All Calls with hunt groups
If a station activates Send All Calls with the Send All Calls button, hunt group calls go in the
queue, if a queue is administered. If a queue is not administered, callers get a busy treatment if
Send All Calls is activated for all the agents.
If an extension is an agent in an ACD split and a hunt group member, the split agent usually has
an AUX-work button that also activates and deactivates Hunt Group Busy. If an agent presses
the Send All Calls button, the agent becomes unavailable for hunt group calls. The agent
becomes available for hunt group calls again when the agent presses the Send All Calls button
again.
Using Call Forwarding All Calls with hunt groups
With Call Forwarding All Calls active, an extension within a hunt group is unavailable for hunt
group calls. If a forced first announcement is administered for the hunt group, callers hear the forced first announcement before the system forwards the call.

Well this describes the problem not a solution. You may be able to do this using a vector.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

@ mikeydidit:
Thank you for these good information! Thats exactly a describtion of my problem.

Yes, I use a simple hunt group. The users are classical station members, not agents. Because I know from our callcenter, that they cannot forward hotline calls (how described in your text).

My only solution at the moment: using EC500 to forward the calls ... if the company will pay the licences ... ;o(.

It´s a pleasure ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back