Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward All Calls from IP offline sets to an External #

Status
Not open for further replies.

joekeating

Technical User
Aug 3, 2004
US
BCM 3.6 w/I2004 phones. The phones are currently not physically connected so they are "offline", they are "registered". I want to forward all call to these DN's to an external #. The Allow Redirect is "Y" and I have a valid number in the Forward All Call to field. The only set that actually works is the set that is "online" the "offline" sets just ring. Any Ideas?

I've run into this before on an earlier release. For each IP extension, you have to navigate to the CAPABILITIES and set KEEP DN ALIVE to YES.
One thing to watch out for:
If the BCM is re-booted with the IP set disconnected, the set must be reconnected after the re-boot in order for the feature to work properly again.

It is possible that Nortel has worked around this, but it's something that you should test if you're planning on this working all the time.

Jeff

Thanks. Yes I have KEEP DN ALIVE "Y" and that does work ok. The BCM must have been booted since I last worked on it and that would explain what is going on. I will now open a case with Nortel to see if this has been fixed. It is not acceptable to have to physicall reconnect each phone after an reboot/outage.

Nortel customer support hunh?
Good luck with that...

Well, I guess that I'm not the only one that thinks that Nortel Support has something lacking! I hate the tought of wasting 3 + hours trying to get in touch with someone that actually knows something about a BCM. By the way, I had another case open with Nortel BCM support and just happen to ask them about this issue and the answer is " YES IS DOES NOT WORK AND YOU SHOULD ASK FOR A FEATURE INHANCEMENT REQUEST" via the Web page. GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back