Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call forward a 500 set

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossman57

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2010
US
Is it possible to call forward a 500 set using software programming and not phsyically touching the phone?

You could enter HUNT and FDN destination as required, then change the ring cycle down to its lowest setting so the phone immediately diverts the call, but you have to be at the phone to use the manual call forward option. You would then need to remove the ring cycle change once you did not need that any more.
Can you give us more of a description of what you are trying to accomplish, we may have better solutions. Is this temporary or permanent for instance??

Okay. going on the cheap I am attempting to set up a call center using MCR on twenty phones. The issue I have: the phones won't "HUNT" to the next extension in line (7000->7001->7002-> etc...)it only "call forward no answer". I've tierd various programing changes and nothing seems to work. Any guidance?

you could also remove the set and rebuild it as a ACD and the use NCFW

Gibblett what I am attempting to do is set up a "cheap" call center with 20 sets using MCR. What I need to do is if all 20 sets are busy the 21st call "roll" to the next ext. (i.e. 7000->7001-> etc..) it does it now but for some reason it only does it after it rings three times. I need it to roll as if the set/extension is "busy" and go to the next extension without ringing. The initial post was one of the many "ideas." Thanks.

So you want the 20 mcr phones to be busy then roll over to another mcr?

And you have verified that all 20 were indeed busy? Are they digital or analog?

Yes, kinda. 16 of the 20 are disbaled so I can use the last 4 for testing. Also, per my PBX maintenance provider I have programmed "dummy" 500 sets to control each extsension HUNT/FDN. I've disabled these sets also to no avail. I also tried one set with the extensions MARP'd to it but same result.

So key 0 mcr xxxx
key 1 msb or any available key

on every phone. The msb is make set busy and will busy the port when activated. Set the marped phone up with the correct hunt and then test. Busy 19 of them with the msb key.

Here is programming. I have to disbale the sets because the physical call center is not complete. The phone rings, I pickup and put on hold; call same extension again but the set rings three times; dosen't act like key "0" is busy.

DES BS
TN 036 0 00 00
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 8404
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBA WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NIA OLA VCE DRG2
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNIA CDCD MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXA ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN

CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 000
LHK 5
LPK 0
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 MCR 7000 1 MARP
01 MCR 7001 1 MARP
02 MCR 7002 1 MARP
03 MCR 7003 1 MARP
04 MCR 7004 1 MARP
05 MCR 7005 1 MARP
08 AO6
09 TRN
10 ADL 4 7102
11 ADL 4 7100
12 MSB
DATE 29 JUN 2011

Rickypone. I figured it out. Just because a set is disbale apperantly the system still recognizes the programming. When I changed to a new set of numbers the 4 test sets work just the way I have them programmed. BTW on a 2616 is there a CLS that gives an audible alarm when one extension rolls to another?

The phone should buzz when it rolls up the key strip without changing anything. If you need more than one there is a cos you can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back