Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call flow help

Status
Not open for further replies.

staupsa

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2009
US
Anyone know of a good site to find some examples on vectors and call routing?

i need to change the setup on a few vectors. current setup is menu with a few choices. all calls go to after hours greeting no matter which digit is dialed. i need to change it to only go to after hours greeting if certain digits are dialed.

i'm very new to phone programming. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

thanks!

Post your current vector and we'll help you out

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Off the top, you are probably using Time-of-Day steps that going to a specific step that routes all calls to the after hours greeting.

Your menu will need to be modified, so create a duplicate vector so you don't mess us the original one.

Your new steps would be "collect 1 digit after ann xxxx"
route to step X if Digit = 1 ( or any digit)

When they press 1, the step that it is going to can be a route to XXXX in which it is a VDN. That VDN will need a new vector, and there you can do your time of day steps for buisness hours and after hours.

Let me know if it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back