Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Display Problem - 3X8 DR5

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawntoronto

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
CA
I just bought a used 3X8 DR5DS (Version SP:30NQOO DR5)

Model # NTB5B05DB

A friend has a 3X8 DR1 for his business and wanted to upgrade to DR5 for the Call Display and VoiceMail notification benefits.

Here's the problem.

Have connected my home's sets to the KSU and configured it appropriately.

AutoDisplay to Set 21, Lines are set to ring, etc.

The call display does not show on the set, when ringing or when answered.

In fact, call display does not show on any sets when answered.

When I plugged in the KSU, the set designated at Set 21 had a full 40 call log for incoming calls, so I know that it was working at some point.

The active sets are connected are 2 X T7316, 3 X M7310 & 3 X 7208.

Could I possibly be missing something here?

Any help is appreciated.

What are you using, a C-6 caller display box with it, or what?

MarvO said it

There is no additional equipment connected. I didn't have any other equipment with the 3X8 KSU that I had before I upgraded my own KSU to CICS.

I thought the C-6 was only for the 6X16

Shawn

so how does telco's call display info get to phones thru ksu... pfm???

i am wicked are i not

ski season has started

A 308 DR5 has call display built in and no additional equipment is needed. The following is from our 616 DR5 quick reference, but it should apply to the 308 as well:

9. Call Services
“Auto Call Info” – press SHOW
“Show line:” – enter a line number (01-03)
“Line xx:” – None or enter a DN number (21-28)
“Line xx: yy” – repeat for each caller ID line

Make sure you've turned on CID for each line at the desired call display set.

Brian Cox

OK - here's an update - and very strange.

When I initially set up the KSU and plugged it in, there were items in the call log. Each call record was formatted like this:

555-1212 (416)

Now on my own CICS, the call records from my 3 telco lines are formatted like this:

416-555-1212

I also have a VOIP line which connects into Line 4.

When calls are logged from the VOIP line, they are formatted as: 555-1212 (416) - like the first instance above.

So, I connected the VOIP line to the 3X8 and sure enough, the call display works on that line.

It would appear to me that the KSU is only capable of passing call display sent in a specific format.

This particular 3X8 came from the US (Kentucky). I previously has a 3X8 which didn't have any problems passing the call information as it was sent locally here in Canada.

The KSU has 'Made in Manada' on the label.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Any suggestions?

I stand corrected. I never realized that the old 3x8 had CLID built into it. Normally, I work the big stuff, and have only seen a couple of 3x8,s, so will keep my mouth shut about them. Thought they were like the 6x16 and 8x24 that needed extra interface. My bad

MarvO said it

I only recently realized the 308 DR5 had CLID built in when a customer insisted. I tested one on my testbench and sure enough it worked. I had always thought a C6 would be needed, but not the case. Darn near impossible to know everything about these systems, that's what Tek-Tips is for.

Brian Cox

Wasn't the software release in the Canadian 3x8 at DR5.1? Perhaps the US version was only to DR5
Do you have NT5B05CN-93 on your previous personal 3x8?

I couldn't tell you what the version was for the previous 3X8, as it's long gone.

But wouldn't you expect both DR5 & DR5.1 to support Canadian Call Display format?

I can find nothing on this issue. So much for the bargain price of $200USD.

Is there any software reset aside from the **STARTUP that could reset this unit? What about shourting out the capacitor?

I have one from PA which works fine.

It must be a Mason-Dixon line problem.

Let the Blue Moon shine on the KSU for a bit-maybe it will help.

Okay, did you set up the log space tro distribute the calls for all the sets?Did you make the sets CI=Y, and the lines as exmogger suggested?

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Yes - all is set up correctly -

Seems it's not a matter of being set up, but rather when the call comes in, depending on the format of the info being sent.

Calls coming in on the voip line displayed at XXX-XXXX (NPA) are fine but NPA-XXX-XXX don't show up at all.

Very strange indeed.

Now I"m getting desparate. :)

I use F811, select the ringing line, and it displays 'LINE1'. No Display - if it's a VOIP call, it displays the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back