Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Display No Showing Up - Intermittent - BCM50 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawntoronto

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
CA
Has anyone experienced this?

BCM50 Rel3.0 -

4 POTS lines - call comes in - no call display - not 'unknown' or 'private'. Just nothing at all. No entry in the call log.

I have an analog set on each line connected off system at the demarcation point in case of power fail, and when this occurs, I check those sets and the CLID info was sent, but did not get picked up or passed though the BCM50.

Since this is intermittent, it's practically impossible to test. All of the patches that I know of are installed.

Thoughts?

How are your calls answered? Are they answered by a Person or the Automated Attendant?

In either case, how many times does the phone ring before call gets answered?

For Caller ID information to be passed from the Telephone Company, the call needs to ring (at least) twice. If the call gets answered beforehand, there is a chance the caller ID information will not get passed from the Telephone Company in time.

always by a person, always after the call display information is shown -

i know for sure that the CLID is being passed because it shows out on a analog set connected to the same pair - it just is not being shown on any sets - T7316 or VOIP. It's a simple set up.

i figure it must be a software issue

On an incoming call (on a set with the line appearing and ringing) press Feature 811 and see if you see the caller ID info. If so then it is a programming issue on the set.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. There's nothing wrong with the configuration of the set(s).

CLID appears on 99% of the calls coming through - and when it doesn't , it affects all sets, not just one. Lines appear and ring on 5 digital and 2 VOIP sets.

F811 does not bring up the incoming CLID when this anomaly occurs.

It's intermittent enough to make me think it's definitely a software issue.

Again, the CLID is being sent from the Telco as it appears on the analog set, connected to the POTS line, at the demarcation point.

Had same trouble at site. Caller id did not work everytime.
Connected test switch at co on same trunks and it worked everytime. Connected caller id box ahead of system on site and received info everytime but not on BCM.
Finally found trouble with line, it was bridge tapped at ped.
Removed tap and tested thru BCM and it works evertime now.

Makes sense - but the line isn't bridge tapped.

I haven't noticed it lately - it happened once or twice after my post - but not in the last couple of week.

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back