Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call cut off during transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

consultwus

Technical User
Aug 2, 2005
US
I'm experiencing call cut off's during transfer at one of our MD110 sites.

Scenario: An external incoming call gets answered by a subscriber using a DBC223 phone, she selects the second line and transfers the call, pretty much the same procedures they’ve used during the twenty years they've had the MD110. The external party gets cut off! This issue started after the BC12 upgrade. (Currently running on SP7)
Is there a difference in timing or something that can cause this to occur?
A “soft” transfer where they wait for the called party to answer works every single time.
I’ve changed phone sets.
I’ve moved the subscribers to a LIM with that has the TMU vs. the old TRU-TSU-MPU setup.
I’m using ELU28/3
Any idea?

/Lasse

Don't forget that to do a blind transfer (transfer to another user before they answer) the transfer key must be pressed TWICE!!

Hope that's the answer you're looking for, otherwise there's something altogether more sinister happenening....

Good Luck :eek:)

Thanks slash50, has it always been required to double press the transfer key on blind transfer, I don't remember.

/L

News to me -still works the same BC12 SP9 as it did in 1988-push transfer key or soft key once

How bizarre, I know that on my old BC11 site it had to be pressed twice.... for definite because I had to explain to users all the time.

However, on my new BC12 site it works with one press...

There are a couple of scenarios.
1.Incoming call "A" , external or internal, it is answered by "B" and put on hold while "B" accesses the paging system on her second line, when the paged party "C" calls in, "B" attempts to transfer "A" to "C" . "A" will drop.
2.They also claim that a regular transfer results in cut off as well.

The users claim that this became a problem after the BC12 upgrade.
I don’t see any faulty signals that a can directly relate to the cut off’s.

I’ll visit the customer tomorrow to find out exactly the procedure they are using and to see if I can reproduce it.

The possible explanation of the double press TFR scenario is that the delay on the switch after BC10 for the system to actually carry out the transfer is now noticably longer. I am aware on BC12 that the message, in the screen of a DBC 225, "SERVICE REQUESTED" appears more frequently and for longer now.

Try pressing once and waiting, the call will transfer.

The perception may be that pressing TFR twice is effective, but the second press is actually redundant.

Just an observation.

Cheers - Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back