Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call coverage to a calling group

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDayton

Technical User
Dec 29, 2009
US
Hopefully some can can answer this quickly. I 'm installing an R6 with a PVM card. When callers choose an selector code, owner wants it to ring an extension, and if not answered in a certain number of rings to then ring all phones (4 phones total). I know it needs to go to a calling group with all extensions in it, but how do I get it there?

Not too sure with out trying on a system, but I am under the impression that you should be able to set a selector code to ring calling group 1 by assigning it to ext 71.

How about looping an unused ext port to an unused line port. Set the looped ext in the selector code transfer. Then make phones ring immediate/delayed/no ring accordingly...?? Might work...

Thanks PhoneFixer, but that's not quite what I'm trying to accomplish. I have the selector codes doing a direct extension transfer to a phone, then would like it ring a calling group if no answer. Because all lines are answered by the auto-attendant, all phones are set to delayed ring already. I tried setting the transfer return extension for x78 and x79 to calling group 4 (x74) but the system didn't like it.

You are very limited with the PC Card Mail.

Calls can be sent from the Auto Attendant to a calling group via the 7X extension number, or a Selector Code pointed to the same.

Calls to a group can not have voice mail coverage with PC card mail. You can however, set the Transfer Return Extension setting for 78 and 79 to themselves, which will make the call go to the group, ring-no-answer, return to the VM port that transferred, pick up by the PC card, and then transfer to Ext. 10.

Not at all like your original scenario of ringing a single extension, and then on no-answer ringing a group. That can not be done at all - not a part of the Partner feature set

So who am I supposed to believe? You or the customer? (Sarcasm)

I was hoping you'd respond Tommy as I consider you the final word on all things Partner. I'll tell customer their old R6 must have been a special edition, but the regular edition can't do what he's telling me it did.

I had that happen numerous times that after a replacement or service call people called in with some weird problem and some functionality that just is not there. They think to remember something but TBH it is Tommy that you need to believe.
Customers have a bad memory and understanding of what is going on (most of them, there are the ones that are absolutley informed and I met 2 in my 28 years that I could learn of how my system works)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back