Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Count Threshold

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
How do we set a threshold for number of calls in queue? Say after 40 calls, the 41st call gets a message stating excessive call volume, directing to our website or social media accounts.
I see settings for Interflow, but it's a timer, not calls in queue.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

This would have to be done in an IVR within MiCC. Your IVR workflow would include a check for how many calls are in queue, and if it’s over that threshold, follow a different path than if the count is below the threshold.

Thanks, I can only guess that I add a Variable Compare branch to the existing IVR Workflow? I don't see any variables that check for queued call count.

Sounds like this is beyond my skillset. Still new to this platform.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

You can add a Queue condition from the IVR toolbox (the one that looks like cogs), normally before the existing transfer you already have in the workflow. Add a branch to this queue condition to monitor either a Queue/Queue Group/Variable (in your case, Queue or Queue Group) and add the settings Call Load >= 41.
If this queue has 41 or more calls queued, it will follow that new branch and if it's less, it will continue on through to the existing transfer you have.

Thanks! I love this!

Although I can't get the Test to pass like I expect. I see I have 8 calls waiting (Interactions Waiting in MiCC client for the Queue in question) I set the Call Load Expression Number of Calls Waiting to > 5 and it fails the test, I set it to 100 and it still fails. Same with Expression Call Load

Is Interactions Waiting in MiCC what this is looking at?

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

not sure about call load

have you tried number of calls waiting

- add the queue tool
set the queue as required then set number of calls waiting >5
success for the sends calls somewhere else , no match sends calls to queue

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back