Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call continu after droping from the source

Status
Not open for further replies.

safouene

Technical User
Oct 23, 2015
TN
hello guys,
i have configured an auto attendant , the call transfered for extension 1 for exemple, when extension 1 is ringing the caller drop the call,but the call persist in the extension.
what's the prob plz :) .need help

Analogue lines, you need the provider to configure disconnect clear/disconnect supervision.
If they can't you need to reconsider using auto attendants and mailboxes :)

thanks but the problem persist ..any other solution plzzz

The issue is the provider not giving disconnect clear, disconnect supervision, or similar name depending upon the provider. They might be telling you they changed their setting, but they have not. I have had providers tell me they have changed it multiple times until you get it escalated and then miraculously they actually change it and it fixes itself. It is not an IPO setting. You will have to push back on your provider.

You can test on site with a butt set and multimeter. Put meter across tip and ring, set to DC Volts. From that line, call someone then have them hang up on you, while you remain off-hook. You should see the meter momentarily (500ms +/-) drop to 0 volts. If you don't see the voltage drop, carrier is not providing a drop pulse/disconnect supervision/forward clear/whatever that carrier calls it. It's easy to prove one way or the other. Analog meter works best as it's easier to see the needle drop. Digital is fine if it's fast enough.
Cheers!

Wow.

I've been donating to support world hunger for years.
Then I found out they were feeding them.

The best solution is getting modern lines, by modern I mean something from the last 30 years or so. while analogue is commonly available and great for home it's not the best option for business, you want ISDN or SIP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back