Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Conference and Transfer Issue (pls help..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gany

Technical User
Feb 19, 2007
US
Hi everyone! Hope you could help me out.

Here are the essential info's:
Our Call Center Agents uses an AVAYA 4610 IP Phone. On their phone, we have assigned a button for "RELEASE". We are using AVAYA S8300 server, G700 Media Gateway.

Here is the scenario:

A local agent receives a call from a customer abroad. For some instances, the agent is required to make a conference call to a tier 2 agent together with the customer. Now, the call conference has been executed. The local agent has to leave the Tier 2 and the customer on their call so he can assist more customers on queue. He now presses the "Release" button that will disconnnect him from the 3 way call conference, leaving both Tier 2 and customer still connected on the line talking to each other. This was going quite well until we transferred to the other bldg. On that bldg, we still use the same server and media gateway. But this time when the local agents do the same process of call conferencing and pressing the release button, all calls connected to the conference call were terminated. Agent, Customer, and Tier 2 agent got cut off the line. So the customer has to call back again, local agent conference him with tier 2, but this time the local agent stays with the cust all through out the call. This greatly affects the AHT of the agent. Same thing happens when we use the "Transfer" button. It disconnects all the calls once executed. Do you have suggestions on how to fix this prob? Thanks!

Gany

Gany Fragata
Junior Systems Engineer
"knowledge + humility = wisdom

Gany,

I would try a couple of things.

First, ascertain whether this is happening for all of your agents all of the time. Or is it just a new agent, who might be doing it wrong? Do they all have the same COR?

Secondly, do a "list trace station" on one of your agents who are doing this conferencing/transferring. Then post it back here. You want to be looking for bandwidth denial events etc - any denial events at all, actually.

Thirdly, it could be a setting in your cha sys feat form. Have a tinker with the transfer & conference related settings to see if you can fix the problem that way. It may just be that one of the settings are stroked 'y' when it should be 'n', or vice versa.

Let us know what you find out.

Nick

Hi. We now have resolved this issue. Nick was right. It was just one of the settings stroked to "n" instead of a "y" config. How did we resolve it? If you execute the command "change trunk n" where n is the trunk number, you'll find a statement in page 2 that says "disconnect supervision -in -out?" In our incoming CO trunks, we set disconnect supervision -in? to yes. While outgoing trunks set to disconnect supervision -out? y

Gany

"knowledge + humility = wisdom

Hello Gany,

I am having the same issue, however, my trunks are set properly as per previous post from you and still the conference drops. What were the settings on page 7 in your System-Parameters Features for:

Conference/Transfer
Abort Transfer = y or n, mine is y;
Transfer Upon Hang-up = y or n, mine is y;
Abort Conference = y or n, mine is n.

Thanks,
Wess

Hi Wess. Here are the settings of page 7 in our s8300 server. Hope this one helps.

----------------------------------------------------------
display system-parameters features Page 7 of 17
FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS

CONFERENCE/TRANSFER

Abort Transfer? n No Dial Tone Conferencing? y
Transfer Upon Hang-Up? n Select Line Appearance Conferencing? y
Abort Conference Upon Hang-Up? n Unhold? y
No Hold Conference Timeout: 60

ANALOG BUSY AUTO CALLBACK
Without Flash? n

AUDIX ONE-STEP RECORDING
Recording Delay Timer (msec): 500