Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call center with remote offices - what's needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilasz

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
US
Was asked to create call center for about 10 local offices.
All locations are being upgraded to IP office.
Anyone with expertise can tell me what's necessary (type of lines - SIP?, routing, licenses etc).
I don't even pretend to now how to approach the request. Single location - no issues - multiple - not so much.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You would do well to involve your friendly neighborhood Avaya Business Partner in this type of endeavor. There are countless variables that need to be considered.

Absolutely agree. Any contacts (NY/NJ)?

You need to do this with IP Phones at the remote offices. The IPO will not support CCR (or any others) Call Centre software with remote IP Office hardware.

We have one customer with a 5 site SCN. When they went to using CCR, we put IP Phones off the HQ IPO in the remote sites, replacing the local DS phones they had. Calsl come in to the remote IP 500's, sent over the SCN lines to the HQ kit for routing to the CCR groups. Works a treat.

Good Quality data links between sites is a must for call quality.

As said above, get a good BP involved here. Wrong side of the Ocean for me though!!!!

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Thanks to all for chiming in. Any recommendations for NY/NJ area? Listed entries are geared more towards enterprise level clients, not 10-location business with few employees each...

You could have CCR running off one switch and remote phones on the other sites, or just IP handsets if they have an MPLS network or similar.

CCR as a product however is very weak, you might be better off looking at a Zeacom product.

pilasz,
We're based in the NYC Metro area. You may reach me at markz at mbsnetworks dot com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back