Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center...when does it stop putting calls in queue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats14

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
I have a BCM 400 4.0 that I installed Call Center on, and considering it was my first one, it seems to work O.K. However, at 5:00 the skillset is supposed to go into night mode, which plays a greeting and says press 8 to get to the SS mailbox. The BCM does this, but if anyone is logged in, the queue will still pass calls through. Even if there are no more calls in the queue, a agent will receive another call if they are not quick enough to log out before the next one comes in. The customer wants all calls to go to that greeting exactly at 5:00 and not queue anymore calls. Any suggestions how to accomplish this is welcome.

When the Call Center is in Night Mode, make the greeting for the caller to be "pressing 8" as FORCED. This will force the caller to listen to the greeting and press an option and NOT transfer to an available logged in agent. Also, what is the next "step" in the Night Mode? If the caller doesn't press anything, what happens next??

--DB

next step is to goto the same announcement again...in a circle.

You can also run it through a CCR tree. That way there is no option at all to go through the Contact Center. They will have to finish up the calls in the que though. That is what I always do. Also you should be able to set up your night route to play a greeting over and over or put a rule for night calls to go directly into the mailbox. Do you have reporting installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back