Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call center using analog phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneygirl

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
US
Hi all,

I am setting up a call center application (BCM 400 v3.7 with Professional Call Center).

The customer wants certain agents to use analog cordless phones. I suggested to my boss that 7406's would work because they have some buttons at least to put the "login" and "not ready" feature codes (although I don't even know if those will work without indicators). He is afraid that the range on the 7406's will not be good enough for the customer's large warehouse.

But I can't see (I'm testing and cannot make it work) how I could possibly use regular analog phones with no buttons or indicators for this application - how will the agents log in??

Any ideas for using analog phones with call center calls???

Thanks.

Elise Levine

DON'T BELIEVE IT'S SUPPORTED

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

It used to work in the NAM based ACDs (i think ...)
i can verify later if it'll work on BCM

Bad news ...no is the answer for bcm - (yes on NAM)
Here is the extract from 3.6 Docs

Call Center agents can use two line display telephones and one line display telephones. Supervisors must use two line display telephones with the handsfree mute feature. Non display telephones, such as telephones attached to an analog terminal adapter, cannot be used for Call Center agent tasks. We recommend that you read the telephone user card for your telephone before proceeding.

Thanks senk1s! That is very helpful - here's a star for you.

Actually, I just tried to do Feature 904 on my analog phone. Then I hit 1# and 1234# (agent number & password), and it actually logged me in!!!

But how useless is it without any indicators??!! (Am I logged in? Am I ready or not ready??)

I did try it with a 7406 though, and it works perfectly. Now, if they can actually get decent reception on the 7406 we'll be all set.

I appreciate the help.

Regards,
Elise Levine

Have you looked at the engenious cordless sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back