Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call center setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynnattor

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2015
US
hi, i need to set up a call center with one pilot number or extension that rings on many users phones, and is picked up by whomever is available. i also need the to be a call queue so if i have 5 people in the group and there are 10 callers, the extra 5 will be put on hold and hear a message until someone is available. i tried accomplishing this using a hunt group and rad greeting but i was never able to get the queue part working.

i have a 3300 and a nupoint. so far everything i have tried is on the 3300 using rad greetings hunt groups call rerouting and the admin mailbox.

It sounds like you should be using the ACD queue functions. Does all that you are looking for. Options for callers in queue include RADs, interflow or overflow options, etc.

if your software level is 7 or above , a ring all ring group can ring all extensions ( first one to answer gets the call)
it can have a rad assigned as a delay announcement , be set to queue and overflow as required.

Your description said "rings on many users phones, and is picked up by whomever is available." this wont happen with ACD , it will queu and go to the longest idle agent that is logged in

you can also set ring group presence buttons to allow users to make themselves absent in the ring group as required.

ring groups were available in older versions but all the features above came in on MiVb version 7 ( i think)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

and due to an endless stream of MiCollab , MiCC issues
Life would be simpler If only they tested products properly before releasing them .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back