Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

85adventures

Technical User
Jan 31, 2011
US
Communication Manager 6.0.1
Call Center Elite Release 6.0

We currently have 5 ACDs set up, all split-based. I need to convert one or two to skill-based. I've read through much of the documentation, but I find it lacking a great deal. I'm hoping someone can set me straight.

I'd like to set up an initial skill-based ACD for test purposes. But, I've read that its all or nothing. I either have split-based or skill-based. I take that as meaning I have to reprogram them all before hand, not just one here or there.

Will agents be able to use the same login IDs for the skill-based as they do for split-based, or will I need to reassign them all new login IDs?

Does anyone have a cheat sheet of steps in converting a Call Center from split-based to skill-based that they are willing to share, and/or a sample skill-based Call Center? I'm really concerned I'll miss some steps along the way.

Unless things have changed a lot, you can have a mix of split and skill based groups. With split based, you don't have login-ID's so you will have to create them for the new groups.

So, yes, you can create a new, skill based test group to experiment with.

From what I can see, I can program the skill-related vdns, vectors, hunt-groups, and agent logins, but I can't really test it. First, I'll need to enable EAS in system-parameters features. I don't think I dare to do so. I'm reading that both EAS and BCMS/VuStats Login IDs can not both be set to yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back