Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center Disaster Recovery Routing Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipclarin

Technical User
Dec 22, 2004
US
I have been wondering about our disaster recovery call center. We house the actual call center in one building and the Disaster recovery center is in a separate building. During practice recovery exercises why couldn't I just assign the agents that are participating in the exercise a port in the recovery building during the exercise and then back to the original one when the exercise was over? As long as they are still members in that call center trunk group the S8700's shouldn't really care where they are sitting should it; as a matter of fact that machine doesn’t really know there are other buildings does it. Why couldn't I do that? It sounds a lot easier than having AT&T send 1/10th of the calls to a different DNIS doesn't it? During a real disaster I could have AT&T route the calls to the DNIS over there, but during practice I could work the other plan right?

What's the architecture behind this?

Building A (Houses Call Center) Primary S8700
Building B (DR for Call Center) Secondary S8700
Building A (CMS)
Building B (DR CMS)

If thats the case, why not just have working dialtone in the DR site, and just have your agents log into the phones over there? No manual switch intervention needed.

What's connecting these sites together?

The calls could land in Building A and be transferred to Building B over your network? IP or PSTN?

Just a thought,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Fiber. We have 3 sites all tied together via fiber. The furthest away is about a mile as the crow flies.
The building we speak of (the Disaster Recovery Building has it's own set of 5 diget numbers. Would them simply logging into a different 8410D with their agent logins work? Would they get their calls the same way ...and their voicemails?

Do you have your own 5-digit uniform dialplan?

Do they share the same Telco services?

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Yes we do have our own 5 digit dialing plan and Yes they all share the same Telco Services.

skipclarin,

if you have one distributed system, you can easily log agents out in one building and log 'em in in other building. if you have two (or more) separate systems, you can't do this if you don't have both systems completely synchronized with each other, and that could mean big expence for no reason at all.
please be more specific regarding your system's architecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back