Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center - Calls have no callerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantorrey

Technical User
Oct 6, 2007
US
We have a BCM50 with call center. No callerID is displayed when calls are routed through call center. However, if a caller dials my extension, the call rings with callerID.

Does anyone have any thougts as to why call center does not carry through or display the callerID?

Thanks!

You have to set it in Call Pilot.Go under Contact center,General Properties and then select it there.

Also if analog lines it has to ring 2 times for CLID to come thru.

The option was checked to show the caller name and number already; still no callerID. The lines are from a pri. S

I have the same issue, I am curius to see if ther is a way to do it. my calls show the name of the skillset that is being called, it does show caller ID after the call is picked up. and I do see caller ID info in my reports such as abandond call report. I have one department that wants to see caller ID before they answer, I havent found a solution.

So i'm not the only one experiencing this problem!

Dewey, what is FTR811?

Does anyone else have any idea why we do not have callerID on incoming calls?

Okay, so when I try that it does show callerID info. However, the callerID info is for our main incoming line; it does not show information for the actual caller.

To reitterate:
If I call in on my cell phone and dial my DN, I get callerID.

If I call in on my cell and access the call center, when it rings, by FTR811 all I get is callerID info for the main incoming line, not for my cell # as it should.

Use the BCM monitor and check calls coming in to see if caller id is presented on all lines.

Are you the same number across all lines

What type off line,ISDN (BRI) pri analogue.

Maybe your DDI calls come down a different set of channels (BRI) with clid

Snowman, thanks for the recommendation. All incoming calls on the 'Line Monitor' tab have both names and numbers.

It's almost like those callers which press an option to go into a call center que, get their callerID stripped. It's almost like the BCM transfers them to call center, and then they get the callerID info of our main number.

I made an incoming call from my cell and watched the BCM monitor. The original call has my cell # on the callerID. When I am transferred to a DN from the call que the BCM indeed connects a new line and briges the new call to that line. That would be why I get the ID of the main number.

The question is, how do I work around this?

Does anyone have any further advice on this?

This is from the CC manual. Try toggeling the setting.

Enable Caller ID
The Enable Caller ID options let you select how you want caller ID information to be displayed
on agent telephones:
• Name with number backup: displays the caller's name for 3 seconds and then the skillset
name. If the caller's name is not available, the caller's number is shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back