Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center Agents - Ways to beat the system? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni269

MIS
Apr 18, 2002
Hi, I'm trying to ramp up my call center security measures and started brainstorming on how people could "beat the system" and try to train managers to look for certain behavior or trends to identify deviant behavior. - I thought it would be interesting to compile a list of incidents, anyone wishing to contribute is appreciated.

Here are a couple that I'm aware of:

Agents "rocking the keys" between auto-in/aux to put
themselves at the back of the line in the queue.

Also had an agent who kept hanging up on everyone trying to get the call volume up, but when they took 400 calls at 1 second and everyone else took 30 calls at 2 minutes, we pretty much figured out what was going on...

Thanks,

Toni

Others I've seen:

Agents placing the inbound caller on hold immediately upon answering the call, and then waiting for the caller to disconnect the call.

Agents who immediately transfer the caller to another queue/skill upon answering the call.

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

I have some that unplug their sets to take them completely out of the group. Then they plug them right back in and take direct extension calls only. I then have to put an appearance of their line on my phone and manually log them in to an aux-work state. They don’t know how it happened.... I did inform their supervisor “how it happened” and it doesn't happen as much anymore.

I also had a problem of them getting their friends to call their direct extension numbers so it looked as though they were busy. I made a coverage path for their sets to make those calls go into the group. That helped cut those types of calls way down.

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

Some of my centers use the transfer connect function (*8) to transfer calls out. Some of the agents figured out that if, upon receiving a call, the quickly press *8#, the call gets immediately requeued. We have tested this and found it to be true. While one of us is logged into a test queue, I called a TFN provided to me by the service provider. Me and the person logged into the queue talked for a few seconds, then I had him hit *8#, my call was immediately requeued and I heard the beep and an agent giving their welcome speech. I asked the agent for her location, although I was still withing the client's queue/network, I ended up at a totally different center. The service provider has since put a filter/deny function for *8#

I heard a new one today but haven't tried it myself.

I'm told some agents go into the directory and then hit the next button as quickly as they can. This overloads the station and causes it to reset itself.

What next????

I just tried it and it killed my phone (8434D)

sneaky ones aren't they, the simplest trick we ever saw was the agent simply saying nothing whyen the call was connected and letting the caller hang up in frustration. Most things an agent can do tho can be seen in the trace reports on CMS, if you are concerned about someone activate this baby and watch the evidence roll in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back