Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center Agent Can't Transfer A Call (Gets A Beep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtlepuke

Technical User
Jan 9, 2008
US
I posted this a couple years ago and never got a response. Trying again. Basically the agent tries to transfer a call and it won't allow them to complete the transfer. The phone just beeps. This doesn't happen to every agent every time. Very random. Wondering if it's a resource issue, but not sure what items to check. The phone appears to be registered to a CLAN. thread690-1763121

at what point does it beep? If it's the phone making a dull beep sound thru the speaker of the set - like when it can't hit the call server, that means it ain't talking to CM.
You get that dull beep sound for every key press when something ain't right. Hypothetically, if you just yanked the CLAN, the phone would think it's still registered for a few seconds, but would make that sound for every key press.

Is it the wave-off tone - like when you dial an invalid number or something?
Can you press transfer, get dial tone, and dial and then get the beep?

Could be any number of things. What are the exact symptoms?

Thanks for the reply, Kyle!

You're exactly right. It's that dull beep (not a wave off tone)like when a phone first registers to the call server.
This is a call center branch and these phones all register back to either CLANS or PE halfway across the country. No CLANS in house.
This appears, (at least I think) to only happen on ACD agent calls. Regular phone users have never reported a problem being able to transfer calls.

I've tried to catch a call trace, but it's so intermittent that it doesn't always happen to the same person twice.
I'll have to verify if the beep happens when they first hit TRANSFER or if it's after they get dial tone and they're trying to complete the transfer.

Doesnt really matter. Intermittent connectivity problem. How much does a Cc agent do that stuff vs admin people? Probably so often that never occurring to admin people isn't relevant.

You can display errors against that station and might see a couple of hiccups.

Double check qos. Maybe PCAP the signaling packets received by the phone and see if the qos markings are there. PCAP the clan and make sure the phone's packets still have their qos/dscp/802.1p/q tags and at least you'll know your tags are being kept and honored across the wan.

Thanks!

One other thing, the agent can transfer internal calls with no issue. It's only ACD calls that they can't.
Is the command to display errors for a single phone different than the regular disp err?

Also, is it possible to PCAP a phone and or/CLAN without being onsite to be in series with the network path?

Appreciate the info!

A phone can be set to syslog, but that's longwinded if it's not regular.
If you display err of type errors, you can specify just an extension.

Still, if this person happens to handle 100 direct and 100 ACD calls every day and never had a direct call problem, I'd be tempted to feel like ACD matters, but I have to figure ACD is just too large a proportion of the set's usage to be relevant.

Have you tried a list trace station when he trys to transfer an agent call?

I have not seen a beep when there are connectivity issues during an active call; usually, the transfer button just goes dead.

A beep would suggest a denial event. Are the ACD calls recorded? I have seen third-party call recorders cause issues with transfers. I have also seen a bad med-pro board cause similar transfer problems.

I recommend running a "display events" command (Catagory=denial, Extension=agent's extension).

Hi Joe,
This doesn't happen very often, so I haven't been able to capture it with a list trace. It can go days before it happens. Plus when I run a trace, I lock my other team members out of CM....or at least I prevent them from doing traces. Will still try to capture it.

Hi Redphone,
The ACD calls ARE recorded. The station extension registers to a primary and backup AES server which in turns records in NICE.

I'm not sure how the Medpros work. We have several all over North America. Once a phone is registered to CM, can it use several MedPros throughout the day?

I'll check out the display events command.

Thank you!

I ran a display event for denials on that extension and saw none over the last month. But I was able to see a denial event when I incorrectly dialed from my own extension to a bad ARS dial sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back