Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call C# Dll from Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRudisill

Programmer
Aug 4, 2003
US
Not sure where to post so I will do so in both. I am trying to call a C sharp DLL which I wrote from foxpro. I keep getting entry point is not found. If I call this dll from C Sharp I have no problems. Is there something I need to do for Fox to recognize the entry point?

Fox Code:
Declare String Enrolled In C:\Fing\FingerScan.ocx;
String csUsers, String csFinger

cResults = Enrolled(cUser,cFing)

C Sharp Code:
public static string Ident()
{
Identify nDent = new Identify();
return nDent.Input();
}

public string Input()
{
return RetVal;
}

Sorry I actually have several classes in the DLL. It does not work with any of them. It is a biometric program that reads fingerprints. We have a project written in Fox that checks in members at a gym.

FOX:
Declare String Enrolled In C:\Fing\FingerScan.Dll;
String @csUsers, String @csFinger

cResults = Enrolled(@cUser,@cFing)

C SHARP:
public static string Enrolled(string User,string Finger)
{
Enroll Enr = new Enroll(User,Finger);
return Enr.Input();
}

public string Input()
{
return RetVal;
}

JRudisill,

Here's a FAQ I wrote that might help you:

Build a .NET DLL and use it in VFP
faq184-3836

boyd.gif

JRudisill,

We have a project written in Fox that checks in members at a gym.

Out of curiosity, is this a case of "we have this new biometric technology, so let's figure out a way of using it"? Or is there a genuine danger that people will forge gym membership cards?

Mike

My sites:
Visual FoxPro (www.ml-consult.demon.co.uk)
Crystal Reports (www.ml-crystal.com)

Good point, Mike. I'd be finding a new gym if mine asked for a fingerprint or a retinal scan. They have my photo--that's enough.

Tamar

This will probably be used more for personal training. Managers are wanting a way to verify that people are actually showing up for their appointments. Since the trainers get paid by commission. I am sure that in some cases this could be used for checkin purposes. One of our competitors is currently using this technology and some of our clients have been asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back