Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobil

Technical User
Aug 31, 2007
US
Hello There,
One of my users is complaining about receiving anoying calls. Is there a way to block calls from a specific outside number from making it into the system?

make vdn
send external number to vdn
make vrt table with "anoying" number
in vector connected to vdn check ani in vrt than route to "busy" or "disconnct" step.
if not - route to user internal number

tobil...

I run into this issue a lot, with our internal folks. What I do is create a vector that looks like this...

step 1: blank
step 2: goto step 8 if ani = xxxxxxxxxx (ID'd number)
step 3: route to number xxxx (person's ext) with cov y if unconditionally
step 4: stop
step 5: blank
and so on...
step 8: announcement xxxx (you've reached this number in error)
step 9: disconnect
step 10: stop

Create a VDN thats points to that vector, test. Then in your incoming call-handling treatment tru xx, (whichever trunk group your DID blocks comes in), set up your digit replacement.

Called Length = 4 (or whatever telco sends)
Called number = Ext number that is in question
Delete = 4 (or whatever telco sends)
Insert = corresponding digits of the VDN number

It works well for our company. You can also test your programming, by changing what your extension outpulses in the ch public-unknown-number 4 ext xxxx (your extension). Then you just make the CPN what the blocked number is, and save. Make a test call to the person's DID number.

I know this is lengthy, but let me know if you need more info. I can send some screen captures via email...

The key is that you need to have the capability of ANI vectoring.
Most switches do not....
display system-parameters customer options
Page 6 for me on 3.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back