Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call barring override

Status
Not open for further replies.

kailasraj

Technical User
Jun 21, 2009
AE
hello avaya tek team,

please let me know how to override the call barring for specific extensions by dialing password............

Use authorization codes.

Authorization Codes | Authorization Codes

Authorization codes are not shown by default. Manager must be modified in order to support authorization codes. Similarly in order to record authorization codes used with calls in the IP Office SMDR, the IP Office Delta Server software must be modified.

Each authorization code is associated with a particular user or user rights set. The user or users associated with the user rights, can then dial numbers which are set to trigger forced authorization code entry. Once a code is entered, the short code settings of the user or user rights with which the code is associated are used to completed the call.

This can be used to allow authorized users to make otherwise restricted calls from any extension without first having to log in to that extension and then log out after the call. Authorization code usage can be recorded along with the call details by the IP Office Delta Server in its SMDR output, including valid/invalid code entry and the code used.

Overview• A user dials a number that matches a short code set to Force Authorization Code.
• The user is prompted to enter an authorization code.
• They dial their authorization code. If a matching entry is found in Authorization Codes entries the system checks the corresponding user or user right (in that order). Note that the user or user right checked does not necessarily need to be connected with the user dialing or the user whose extension is being used to make the call.
• The dial string is checked against the short codes with the matching user or user rights.
• If it matches a dial short code or no short code the call is allowed, otherwise it is blocked. Note that the short code is not processed, it is just checked for a match.
• If multi-tier authorization codes are required there must be blocking (busy) short codes (or a wild card '?' )

Example
A restaurant has a number of phones in publicly accessible areas and so want to control what calls can be made. They want the phones to anyone to make allow local calls, restrict restaurant staff to locale and cell phone (044...) numbers while the manager can dial local, cell phone and long distance (01...) numbers).
ARS Table
Authorization Codes

In the Main (50) ARS table, they add the following short codes: • 044XXXXXXXXXX / 044N / Dial / Force Auth Code
• 01XXXXXXXXXX / 01N / Dial / Force Auth Code

They have two authorization codes configured. • 2008 is associated with a set of User Rights called Cell.
• 1983 is associate with a set of User Rights called LDandCell.

User Rights

Cell
LDandCell
• 044N / . / Dial
Allows calls to cell phone numbers.
• 01N / . / Busy
Blocks calls to long distance numbers.
• ? / . / Busy
Block any other calls that require an authorization code.
• 044N / . / Dial
Allows calls to cell phone numbers.
• 01N / . / Dial
Allows calls to long distance numbers.
• ? / . / Busy
Block any other calls that require an authorization code.

It is recommended to use short codes that use X characters to match the full number of characters to be dialed. That ensures that authorization code entry is not triggered until the full number has been dialed rather than mid-dialing. For example 09 numbers are premium rate in the UK, so you would create a 09XXXXXXXXX / N / Dial short code set to Forced Authorization. In the associated user or user right short code it is recommended to use 09N type short codes.

For IP Office 4.0+ systems, system short codes that route to ARS will not have their Force Authorization Code setting used. However short codes within an ARS table will have their Force Authorization Code setting used. • WARNING: Changing PC Registry Settings
Avaya accepts no liability for any issues arising from the editing of a PC's registry settings. If you are in any doubt about how to perform this process you should not proceed. It is your responsibility to ensure that the registry is correctly backed up before any changes are made.

Enabling Authorization Codes in Manager
To enable support for authorization codes within Manager requires a change to the Manager PC registry settings. Once this change is made, various authorization code related features are visible when Manager is restarted and a configuration from a 3.2 or higher system is loaded.1. Close Manager.
2. Locate the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Avaya\IP400\Manager\EnableAuthorisationCodes and change its value from 0 to 1.
3. Restart Manager and load a configuration from an IP Office 3.2 or higher system.

Enabling Authorization Codes in Delta Server
The use of authorization codes can be included in the SMDR output logged by the IP Office Delta Server application. Again this requires changes to the registry of the PC running the Delta Server application.1. Open the registry and locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Avaya\CCCServer\Setup registry keys.
2. Add two new DWORD registry keys and set their values to 1. They are:
• AllowAuthorization
• ShowAllowAuthorization
3. Open the browser to the Delta Server configuration screens.
4. Select SMDR. An Add Authorization Fields to SMDR option should now be available. Select this to enable logging of authorization codes to the SMDR log file.

Authorization codes are only logged to the SMDR log file. Two new fields are added to the end of each call log record in the SMDR log file. The first new field is the authorization code used or n/a if no authorization code was used. The second field is 1 for valid authorization or 0 for invalid authorization.

Forcing Authorization Codes
There are two methods to force a user to enter an authorization code in order to complete dialing an external call.• To Force Authorization Codes on All External Calls
A user can be required to enter an authorization code for all external calls. This is done by selecting Force Authorization Code (User | Telephony | Supervisor Settings).
• To Force Authorization Codes on Specific Calls
To require entry of an authorization code on a particular call or call type, the Force Authorization Code option should be selected in the short code settings. This can be used in user, user rights or system short codes in order to apply its effect to a user, group of users or all users respectively. You need to ensure that the user cannot dial the same number by any other method that would by pass the short code, for example with a different prefix.

Entering an Authorization Code
Where possible, when an authorization code is required, the user can enter it through their phones display. However this is not possible for all type of phone, for example it is not possible with analog phones and Avaya XX01 or XX02 phones. The users of these device must either enter the authorization code using Phone Manager or by using a short code set to the Set Authorization Code feature immediately before making the call.

When entry of an authorization code is triggered, the user can enter any authorization code with which they are either directly associated or associated through their current user rights.

Note1. If account code entry is setup for a particular number, calls forwarded or transferred to that number will also trigger account code entry.
2. On systems using line appearances to BRI trunk channels to make outgoing calls, account code entry may not be triggered. This can be resolved by adding a short code such as [9]XN;/Dial/XN/0 (adjust the prefix and line group as necessary).

Authorization Code | Authorization Code

Control Unit
SOE , IP403 , IP406 V1 , IP406 V2 , IP412 , IP500 , IP500v2 .

Software Level
3.2+.

Mergeable
• Authorization Code: Range = Up to 12 digits.
The digits used for the authorization code. Each code must be unique. Wildcards are not useable with authorization codes.
• User Rights
This field is used to select the user right with which the authorization code is associated. The authorization code can then be used to authorize calls made by users currently associated with that set of user rights.
• User
This field is used to select a user with which the authorization code is associated. The authorization code can then be used to authorize calls made by that user.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I never tried but i think you will hear a beep.
Then enter the code and dial the number.
When you have an analog phone with a display then it will be shown on the display.

@ tlpeter

"Where possible, when an authorization code is required, the user can enter it through their phones display. However this is not possible for all type of phone, for example it is not possible with analog phones and Avaya XX01 or XX02 phones. The users of these device must either enter the authorization code using Phone Manager or by using a short code set to the Set Authorization Code feature immediately before making the call."

Thxs

Like i said, i have no idea :)
I only tried it with system phones.

Give the user say 101 a login code say 1234.

User > Telephony > Supervisor settings

Create a system short code.

· Short Code: *59*N#

· Telephone Number: N

· Feature: Outgoing Call Bar Off.

And

· Short Code: *58

· Telephone Number: <blank>

· Feature: Outgoing Call Bar On.

Now when you want to make a call press;

*59*101*1234

Now t o enable call barring again press *58

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

@ Bas1234

THXS.

Looks like you have experience with analog phones and auth codes.
I´ll try and let u know.

or even just a user shortcode with a feature of dail emergency

SC *12349N
TN N
feature Dial Emergency

the biggest problem with all of these is the override codes eventualy leak out.

sometimes it is easier to just add short codes for the numbers that need to be dialed that would otherwise activate barring.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

@ IPGuru, depending which version you use, tried that on my 6.0.18 but that didn't work.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back