Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Back Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb2179

Technical User
Feb 11, 2018
US
Has anyone used the call back feature ? I have it programmed with the call back number blank. I don't receive a call back but I can go into the CDR report and see my caller id with the correct number.
I have plenty of channels on the sip trunk available . Any input would be great on how to get this to work.

BB

For the callback (without the callback number programmed) to work, it is important that the caller ID number received can be dialed "as is". Let's say the caller ID number is 2225551234 - you would need to make sure you have an outbound route that allows such a 10 digit number to be dialed (possibly adding some prefix such as 1 or 91). Alternatively, you could convert the caller ID number to a dialable number by passing it through "Set CallerID" before sending it to the Callback.

You should look at the log file to see what is being dialed and if / why it is rejected.

Thanks UCXGUY,

That worked. One more question is there a way to set the amount of callbacks to a number ?I would like no more than 3 attempts.

bb

As far as I know, the callback call is attempted only once and there are no retries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back