Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call an External Mobile from a Multi-Level Auto Attendent VM Menu 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatRascal

Technical User
Feb 2, 2008
GB
Hi,

Is it possible to configure one of the Menu Options on a Multi-Level Auto Attendant to call an external number?

I have tried multiple configurations but as yet I have been unsuccessful. The closest I got was creating a dummy extension as single line appearance on a Multiline set and then configuring its Call Rerouting Always Alternative to be the speed call number.

When calling the Dummy extension internally and externally (it sits within our DDI range) the call is correctly forwarded to the speed call number. However when accessed through the Mutli-Level Menu it ends up on the default mailbox! In addition if the Call Rerouting always, is changed to be an internal extension number the menu option works correctly.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, I am running a 3300 on software version 8.0.5.12.

Thanks

MLAA requires a mailbox to be set up for the transfer. Number does not matter.

Use a transfer only mailbox type (won't take message)

Extension field contains speed dial access code

Speed dial calls External number.

(Transfer Mailbox and Speedial Numbers do not need to match but should match so the guy coming behind you has some idea what you've been up to.)

The Voicemail may need to be configured correctly to allow Trunk to Trunk conferencing and outbound calling.

This can be tested by programming a set with the same COS and COR as the voicemail and trying to answer and transfer a call externally from that set.

CAVEAT!! When the voicemail makes external calls it dials a non-verified account code first. It is very important for the VM to be allowed to dial Non-Verified account codes and the account code length in the COS of the VM should be set to match the extension number length on your system. Testing external calls should include using an account code.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Did you check the COR for the Mailbox.
I was facing similar to this issue and it was only restriction issue.

Thankyou very much kwbMitel & alaanajim for your thoughts & suggestions.

The problem was due to incorrect COR, however the solution put forward by kwbMitel was far more elegant than mine and so I have adopted it.

Thanks

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back