Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Acounting Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblcrona

MIS
Jan 3, 2002
US
I am in search of a good call accounting software package for my Avaya Definity system. Can anyone recommend a good one that isn't too expensive?

Ken Johnson
ITT Industries, Engineered Process Solutions Group

phonecontrol might be worth a look,

I believe that it is cost competive (i.e. cheaper) than OAK etc

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I did research on Ecas, which seems to be very expensive. I also did research on Microcall and that product seems to be full featured, but not nearly as expensive. It was the product I recommended to my manager, but we haven't implemented call accounting yet. Hopefully will do this sometime in '04. Good luck!

without getting into specific names I can say that there are any number of products that will likely fit your needs, Like Microcall or Wincall. . . there are generally a could of parameters I would use to give a thumbs up or down to a given product, in no perticular order 1st how many Extensions will it handles i.e. 100 or 1000 or greater, in short flexability for the number of agenty you have or expect to have in the Future, 2nd is reports, in short if you want to look at a group of calls made by a Extension/agent or group of extension/agents based on date/time range 3rd how it interfaces with the existing system, i.e. interface with the SMDR output. 4th Cost, this is often the biggest factor, as this deals with the licensing of the product, i.e. if it is installed on a PC or on a Server, how many login's Etc,

a trailer on the last post by macphoneguy, also to look at is the source for tariffs, on some systems you have to go back to the vendor and get the new tariff tables every year (at a cost) with others you can put in the numbers yourself that you want to use per call.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

If you have a good programmer on board you can just dump your CDR data into an sql database and they can make it do what you want.

I use MicroCall. Good product and the customer service is EXCELLENT.

Richard

We're currently using WinCall Access based, very simple to use. I would suggest against using Infortel-NT. We used that at the last company I was at, and you had to manually enter every entry which makes for a provisioning and licensing nightmare.

We purchased Telecount from ISA for our Merlin Legends, Definity Switches and have been satisfied. It was quite cost effective. Depending on your requirements, you can dump the detail into a database and create your own reports but who has the time nor inclination to re-invent that wheel.

The best outfit out there is ISI. They will have a solution for you if you are a 100 extension user all the up to a big Enterprise Customer. They were also featured in Teleconnect

We have ISI using a PollCat device that they dial into each evening. Then we get monthly reports on CD. It costs us approximately $500 per month for approximately 200 extensions.

To me that sounds expensive because I'd rather have a newer phone system that would maintain the data for us and then we could create reports as needed, but with an older Siemens system, we are stuck with this for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back