Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Accounting System 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerTho

Technical User
Oct 13, 2003
US
Help! We don't have a call accounting system. However, is there away to retrieve incoming/outgoing calls? Example, incoming prank calls or possible fruadlent outgoing calls. We do have CDR activated.

You could hook a serial printer up to the EIA port on the back of the cabinet but you're going to go through a lot of paper.

Kevin

if you hook the serial port to a pc and open hyperterminal connect to switch it will store the data in ASCI format then can be inported into a excel spread sheet. It has been a while sience I have done this but if you have any questions let me know and I will try to remember.

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

If I have a C-Lan board is there a easier way to get the information. Also, if you could give me step by step instruction that would be great.

There is if you have a C-LAN. Check out this thread for more info. I have set it up myself and it works great.

thread690-684030

Hope this helps,

Josh

I have never done it over clan but looked at the posting. Thats deffinatly the way to go.

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

hartmj is right. Follow his instructions and you will have a working log. Another trick he taught me is that if you add an inside extension to the table under intra-switch cdr, you can monitor calls between agents within the switch. You can see which agents called other agents and so for, to monitor there actual "work" time, if you know what I mean.

Thanks, let me know if you have any further questions.

Gabriel Fuller
Teen Mania Ministries

BigMan75771 ,

Can you explain this further?

Say you have some agents who have been lacking in there calls outside the workplace. They call other people within the ministry, using their work time for personal gain. You can add up to 1000 agents in the intra-switch cdr to track their calls: from who to who. In the switch go to ch intra-switch-cdr and add the agnets or stations you would like to monitor. You can then track them.

Thanks,
Gabe

Gabriel Fuller
Teen Mania Ministries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back