Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Accounting running through a G3r 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulma

Technical User
Feb 12, 2002
US
Hello Everyone,

Does anybody heard or used Avaya / VERAMARK eCAS system or Telemate?
I need advice please in which one to buy. of course Salesmen will say that their product is the best, but I trust tek-tip users more.
As always Tek-tips has been and is the best place to get a 'great' solution and advice.
Thanks to you 'all' telecom gurus.
Thank you.

I with zulma... , I currently use Microcall but I would imagine proprietary software integration would offer much more... service observe/ simultaneous reporting via display - agent ANI digit grabber. Please say it's so.

KG

I just went through evaluations on some products and this is what I know (personal opinions):

Veramark: Call Master is the Cadillac of call accounting products. It is a very intuitive, robust and simple to use. The reporting is based on Crystal Reports, so the reporting potential is only limited to how well you learn Crystal. But it is quite cost prohibitive, so I can almost guarantee sticker shock. If you are dealing with a Veramark salesman, I believe that you can play hardball and get them to bring down the price, but you might have to sign a long term maintenance contract. eCas is their cost-effective version of Call Master and it is strictly Web based. What makes it different is that you cannot add on the different modules available for Call Master (i.e. Billing, Tie Line Rec., etc.). eCas comes as-is. It is a good looking program, but not as robust as Call Master. What I liked about eCas is that if you have CLANs in your PBXs there is no need for buffer boxes. The CDR information can be sent via FTP.

Telemate: I had demo their software and was quite impressed with it, but then all of the sudden the sales rep. I had been talking to was no longer available. I found out that another company had bought out Telemate, laid off most of the sales staff and was deciding on what to do with the product. Because of what I was hearing, we decided to not look at the product any further if the company decided to no longer support the product. I would probably take a look at it again since it looks like they are going to stick with it. BTW, the sales rep moved on to Veramark.

Microtel: Microcall didn’t impress me. I only looked at the demo CD and it just didn’t grab my attention.

SAI (Sierra Gold): They have an OK product, but here again it just did not grab my attention. I will say that it does have GREAT reporting capabilities. Also, you can buy the product to use in-house, or you can pay them to maintain all hardware and software at their site and all you do is get on the Web for reports. Might be worth a look.

TTI (TeleManagement Technologies, Inc.): WinCall was not a good program. This is a small company trying to make itself out as one of the big boys. During an online demo I kept asking questions and quite often the response was “..no, it’s currently not in the software, but we can add it in if you like..”. I threw the literature away after that demo.

IntegraTrak: Their new TABS.IT is quite good. It is a strong improvement over their previous product, WinTRAK, which I won’t take the time to list the flaws because there were so many. You ask, “..how can I then recommend a product from the same company..?”. Well, Integratrak did not make TABS, they bought it off another company. It is a strong product, with good reporting. Worth a look.

There are, of course, other products out there, but these are the ones that I had a chance to look at or demo.

Our company went with the eCAS product from Veramark.
One Caveat, however. Make sure you get a package that
includes the rate tables. Our company did not, and until
we get the rates from our telco and LD provider, the
costs of the calls will remain at $0.00, which is not correct.

take a peak at they got a package that is called Calacsy. In the US Corporate Communications is their dealer. It has some nice reporting tool for Incoming calls, like Ringtime to answer.
Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Hi There,

Another company definatly worth checking out is Soft-ex at we use their Ringmaster product in our site (Call Center) and it is very stong in UK and Europe, the price is quite favourable also. Not sure if they have a dealer in the US yet. May be a good business opp :)

I would recommend the ECAS, I am currently using it and as long as you purchase the rate tables, you should be pleased with the results. You also have to be sure to update whenever you have adds and deletions in your extensions.

We bought Telemate. Their instruction book does NOT have anything that can help me troubleshoot problems, we had to buy tech support, so I am learning as it goes. Upper management decided to get this product, so here I am stocked with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back