Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caliing number conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanyin

Technical User
Jul 18, 2022
CN
hello
I have a Hipath4000v6 , E1 Line (without DID,only main number 62588000)out to PSTN.
so,i set "CHA-KNMAT: UNKNOWN,0,100,,150,,A ,ALL ,62588000,;"and cha-sbcsu:xxx,sstno=onlyext" to fit it.
But now ,cisco cm networking with hipath4000,and it outgoing to PSTN from hipath4000.
Both intemal and outgoing,cisco sent 4 digits extension number as calling number ,so i have to convert the calling number to 62588000 in hipath4000 wthen it is outgoing.
i set "CHA-KNMAT:UNKNOWN,0,122,,150,,A,ALL,62588000,1115;",it is ok,outgoing calling number convert from 1115 to 62588000.
the question is the first digit of cisco calling number is any one from 1 to 9,how to setting? numred =**** seems not ok.

does anyone know how to setting the calling number in cisco CM?

The problem with manipulating the number on the CUCM side would be that all calls into the Hipath would appear from 62588000, including internal calls between CUCM and 4K.

Would either look to manipulate the number on the Hipath or ask the E1 provider if they can fix the outgoing number as 62588000.

I would not look to a transit switch (4K) to correct the numbering deficiencies of the originator (Cisco). Yes it's possible in some cases but configuration is limited, hard to cover all eventualities as you've found. It's much easier to get the numbering right at the source than expect a transit switch to try and correct it. If the roles were reversed here, the 4K would have no difficulty sending the two different numbers based on two different routing destinations.

Depending on the country/provider, PSTN circuits behave differently when given a wrong calling line ID and you don't state what the provider actually does here. Some will reject the call, some send no number, some send a main/bearer/first number in the range, and some will still send the number even if it's garbage. If the call is being refused or the garbage number is sent, you might try setting LPRN in the COT of the E1 circuit, Line with Permanent Restricted Numbers, it sets the bit to tell PSTN the CLI is restricted and should not be transmitted. It might not give the behaviour you want but it might also be the difference between a call that works/fails. If it helps, then you can adjust TDCSU with either DGTPR or DPLN to use a different LDAT which forces a different COT, so that only Cisco calls use LPRN. But I realise this is not the behaviour you are asking for.

I would expect this to be fixed from Cisco side though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back