Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CalendarXstQtr 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfroggie

Vendor
Jan 22, 2002
US
I am trying a formula to pull sales numbers by qtr using Calendar1stQtr, etc and get "a number is required here" highlighting Calendar1stQtr. My formula is as follows. I don't have a date but am using period.

IF {ICSTATI.PERIOD} in Calendar1stQtr then {ICSTATI.SALESAMT} Else 0

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mfroggie

Mfroggie

You need to show us what values are returned by {ICSTATI.PERIOD} and explain what they mean, if not obvious.

-LB

lbass,

Thank you for your response. The {ICSTATI.PERIOD} field returns 1, 2, 3...... 12 representing the 12 fiscal periods in a fiscal calendar. Hope this helps.

Mfroggie

Mfroggie

Do they correspond to months? I.e., does 1 = January, 2 = February, etc.?

-LB

It actually would depend on the fiscal calendar the company is using, whether they use a calendar yr as their fiscal calendar or a fiscal yr. This particular company uses a fiscal calendar with their 1st month being October so that October is 1, November is 2, etc.

Thanks,

Mfroggie

Mfroggie

I think it might be simplest to create a formula {@Qtr} like this:

if {ICSTATI.PERIOD} in 1 to 3 then "Qtr 1" else
if {ICSTATI.PERIOD} in 4 to 6 then "Qtr 2" else
if {ICSTATI.PERIOD} in 7 to 9 then "Qtr 3" else
if {ICSTATI.PERIOD} in 10 to 12 then "Qtr 4"

Then you could just use conditional formulas like this:

if {@Qtr} = "Qtr 1" then {ICSTATI.SALESAMT}

Or you could insert a group on {@Qtr} and insert sums on {ICSTATI.SALESAMT} at the group level.

Or you could insert a crosstab, add {@Qtr} as the row or column field, and sum of {ICSTATI.SALESAMT} as the summary field.

-LB

Thank you so very much, this did it for me. I used it in a crosstab and then set up a parameter so he could print which ever quarter or all quarters.

Thanks again for your help, greatly appreciated.

Mfroggie

Mfroggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back