Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendaring

Status
Not open for further replies.

damputer

MIS
Dec 19, 2003
CA
I am not sure if this can be done. I may be understanding it wrong.

SBS2000, Outlook XP clients, XP Pro WS.
Have calendar set up for use of company car,
have Company car set up as a resource (e-mail,etc.)
When people set up appointment and invite "car" as resource, the car sends a request:denied or request:accepted depending on whether or not it is already booked. All works fine until this point.
If said person puts in a request, and the car is booked already, it sends the person a request:denied, but still blocks off the time in the calendar. This could lead to real confusion and petty squabbles.
I was under the assumption that if the request was denied, then it would not be posted to the calendar. Am I wrong in my thoughts?
I have also tried by making the "car's" calendar public and doing it that way, with the same results.
I have all users permissions set to Author, and the car's and mine set to owner.
Anyone run into this before and find the solution I seem to be missing, or is this the way that it works.

Thanks

Kevin

PS. If I have posted in the wrong section, my apologies, but after going through most of the groups, (and I have), this one seemed most appropriate for my request.

Kevin

Have you ever ran Outlook with the /CleanFreeBusy option?
( it cleans and regenerates the free/busy information)

I have no idea if this will help, just a thought.

Yes, have tried that, didn't do what I wanted. Thanks for the suggestion though.
This is a public folder in my Exchange2000 tree, if that helps anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back