Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antzz

Programmer
Jan 17, 2001
US
Can anyone direct me to a site having scripts for a dynamic dropdown Calendar?

Adam, I got a JScript error from your page using NS4.x.

Rose/Miros

oh... oops, forgot to tell you... IE5+ and NS6/Mozilla only...

its standards compliant code... sorta. so, NS4 will not work.

but, there is one at dynamicdrive.com that works for NS4..

its not object oriented or standards compliant, but, it works... adam@aauser.com

okies guys...thanx........will check the stuff out

Hey Adam,
The calendar is surely impressive. But can you share the source code? Or is it restricted?

Thanx
Roopam

its there... i'm in the process of writing documentation... but you can get the DatePicker.js file at:

and the IE event emulation (written by webfx.eae.net)file at:

and just view the source to see how to make one... its fairly simple.. just make a new DatePicker() pass it a reference to the input box you want to attach it to and its name.
ex:
<input type=&quot;text&quot; id=&quot;ben&quot;>
<script>
x = new DatePicker(document.getElementById(&quot;ben&quot;), &quot;x&quot;);
</script>

jaredn optimized it a bit and did some stuff to it i didnt feel like doing (added the text box and a button to the object so you dont have to make it yourself), and if you ask kindly... he might give it to you.... adam@aauser.com

LOL.......Thanks Adam...I am always nice (when it comes to askin things) hehehe!!!

Hi,

The DatePicker calendar is exactly what I want, thanks, but although it works beautifully on its own as soon as place it in an ASP page I get an error and the page will not load. It appears to be failing on line 8 the appendChild line. Any ideas?

Thanks

I have created an easy-to-use cross-browser navigable calendar. Go to and click the calendar link to see it in action. My dynamicHTML3.js library defines a slew of String.prototype functions named for the corresponding HTML tags that they implement. Perhaps most importantly, I've defined several &quot;widgets&quot; that make it easy to render reusable components like a color selector or an entire calendar.

Just use this code...
Code:
<script language=JavaScript src=[URL unfurl="true"]http://home1.gte.net/uuclb/dynamicHTML3.js></script>[/URL]
<script language=JavaScript>
(new Date()).calendar().write(); // renders a calendar! 
</script>
I'd be happy to answer your questions about dynamicHTML3.js
smiletiniest.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back