Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendar visual to select dates for a date field on a data entry form

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaeger

Technical User
Feb 6, 2003
US
I have a data entry that has several date fields on it. Right now the fields are just formatted ##/##/####. I'd like to create a pop-up calendar in which users can visually see the days of the month in a calendar format, select the day that they want and have that date populate in the date field. You see this a lot on travel website when you make airline reservations (see
Has anyone done this? Thanks!

Yes, using the DTPicker distributed with VB6 but you need the license to use and distribute the control.
-------------------------------------
scking@arinc.com
Try to resolve problems independently
Then seek help among peers or experts
But TEST recommended solutions

I have Visual.net. where can I find the DTPicker and how do I implant it in the access program? Can you instruct more specifically. Appreciated.

Add 'Windows Common Controls-2 (SP4)' (which is MSComCtl2.dll) to your references and insert it as an ActiveX control from the toolbox. Then either find the help file or some documentation or use the object browser to determine the properties and methods.

scking@arinc.com

I have a zip file that I received from someone via this tek-tips forum. It has several samples of a calendar. You just click on a calendar Icon and a calendar pops up. When you click on the date you want, it automatically inputs it into your form. It doesn't look exactly like the calendars on Travelocity, but it is more than effective. I have used it as a base when creating special calendars for my projects. I am more than willing to share this file with anyone that wants it. I will try to see where i got it from so they can get the credit as I definitely didn't create it. If I can get your email, I will send it to you.

I don't know how to link, but this is the thread I received the calendar from. It works great.

thread702-19300

Hi, Bigdars:

Send me one. My email is catty1160@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Can you please email me the information. Thank you

Don't overlook the the possibility of using the Calendar control that is packaged with Access. Most people don't even install it unless they go for the custom install.
scking@arinc.com

Can you be more specific? I loaded the complete package of Access 2002. I have not run across this control.

To get the control you MUST perform a custom load and select to install the Calendar control. Then you can insert it using the toolbox if you use the more controls feature.

scking@arinc.com

Jim Lunde(aka JimmyTheGreek at Tek-Tips) posted a response in thread702-19300 about a nice calendar control. He has been inundated with requests for copies of the controls.

Then jwigal posted in the same thread a link to a site where you can download the database that contains the controls and modules.

Really nice calendar stuff. It is worth your while to give it a try.
Bob Scriver

scking

I found the control. It was there all the time. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back