Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendar Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

creechurch

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
GB
Right..

We've just installed BES 4.1 (with SP) on a Windows Server 2003 (SP2) Virtual Server.

Blackberry units are 8700v's and were setup via Enterprise Activation..

Everything works great, other than.. the wireless calendar sync only works one way.. which is from Outlook to BB and not vice-versa.

I have been reading through other threads and have checked the CDO.dll file.. and both the BES and Exchange Servers are using the same version (V6.5.7638.2), But we didn't manually register this file on the BES.

Could this be the issue?

**Update**

I've since manually registered the CDO file.. and rebooted the server, but am still getting the same issue.

Try this:-

Scroll to Calendar

Scroll down to "Options"

Scroll down to "Wireless Synchronization"

Change the option to "No"

Wait for 5 - 10 minutes then navigate back and change the option back to "Yes"

The Calendar will then be force reconciled.

Cliffa.

Thanks for that..

I'll give that a go.. but I've just spoken to the support desk and one thing they highlighted was that the BES software was installed under the administrator account and not the BESADMIN account which is why we are getting this problem..

Good thing we set this up on a virtual server, so we are going to start over on another virtual server, transfer all blackberry's over to the new server and see how that goes..

but thanks again for the reply.

Right the solution to this was.. the BES server software was installed under the Administrator logon.. even changing the services to run under the BES Admin account wouldn't solve the problem..

So I trashed it and started again, once it was installed using the BES Admin account, the wire calendar sync works fine..

The BES Admin account had to be setup to only have certain rights aswell, of which has been highlighted in other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back