Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calendar sharing with pda/handheld from outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonuteklists

Technical User
Jul 20, 2004
US
We have an application that syncronizes between office/home/laptop computers and it works well for us. Now, we want to syncronize it with PDA/handhelds as well (which it currently doesnt do) running Pocket Outlook and the likes. I was wondering if anyone knows of any 3rd party solution.

Please advice.
Thanks.

PS: One option is use something like gmail group calendar, publish from outlook calendar to gmail calendar, and have clients access it via web. But thats still not a great solution since there are no alerts, security issues, etc.

The application we use is IPSwitch, but that doesnt help in sharing calenders with PDA. Hence I am looking for other solutions.
Thanks.

Usually a PDA with Pocket Outlook will come with the required software.

The answer is "42"

Not really. I am not talking about syncing with the desktop calender. I am talking about sharing calender from the desktop , laptop with the PDA over the internet. As I said before, gmail is a possible solution, but still it is not a perfect solution as you dont alerts.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back