Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendar Sending to Wrong Recipient 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSA2000

MIS
Sep 17, 2001
US
I have a bizarre problem. We are using Exchange and Outlook 2003. When a calendar meeting or appointment is created for a network user, the recipient receives the request but a bounceback is returned to the sender with the following message "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <*.com #5.1.1>." The e-mail account referenced in the e-mail is from a user that no longer exists on the network. I have checked the recipient's alias, mailbox rights and membership and there is no reference to the old's user name. Has anyone else had this problem?

The original recipient has the ex employee as a delegate?

Are you absolutely sure? That's almost always the cause for that. A delegate at one time for that user has been disabled or deleted (likely deleted).

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

It is possible that the user was a delegate for the recipient, however, it is not listed there anymore. The user has been gone for several years! I will recreate the user, add her as a delegate to the recipient, then remove her and see if that fixes the problem.

That's not going to help. You need to go diving in adsiedit, or try this:
Go to the user's mailbox and remove all delegates, then add a delegate, such as yourself. Let it sit there for a 1/2 hour. Then remove it. Sometimes that will flush it out.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

There were no delegates listed. I added the deleted user in AD, gave them access to the recipient's calendar sent a test calendar and both received. I then removed the user from delegation on recipient and no longer received bounceback. That was weird. Thanks 59sniper for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back