Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calendar problem with Exchange 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicSG

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2002
FR
Hi, here is my problem :

We have email addresses (xxx@company.com) which are hosted on an outside server (we have a web host in the USA). We also have an Exchange 2000 server in our office, which controls internal emails (xxx@internal.mail).

When someone in the office wants to create a meeting in the calendar, he invites some people of the company :
- the invitation is sent to all people @internal.mail without problems
- he receives a notification saying that every invitation to people @company.com could not be delivered

In fact, the server doesn't see that xxx@company.com is NOT in our building, so it just doesn't deliver anything but a failure notification.
I have tried to define an alternate address xxx@company.com for our Exchange users, the calendar problem disappears, but of course we can't send any mail to people who are outside (all data stays on our local server and doesn't go to the USA server)

My question is : is that a way to configure our Echange server, so that it will forward invitations to people who are exterior to our building ? I just would like it to transfer invitations on the real xxx@company.com instead of searching it in vain...

I think my explanations aren't very clear, but I don't know how to describe my problem better :(

Thanks for your responses
Greg

Well, it's me again, I just wanna try to be clearer :

How can I configure Exchange 2000 so as it forwards any incoming data (mail, calendar or other) for a user (user@internal.mail) to its external address (user@company.com), keeping data locally too.

I think I could have done quicker on my 1st post ;)

Thanks
Greg

Setup a mail-enabled contact.

Then set the users mail to also go to the external contact. This is on Delivery Restrictions if I remember right. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back